Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2002, 07:20 PM   #1
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Quote:

Police stay mum on DUI
Capt. Benne's accident unknown pending probe

June 21, 2002

By Journal Star staff

PEORIA - Peoria police still refuse to release details about the DUI arrest and accident Sunday involving one of the department's top officials.

Police Chief John Stenson said Thursday an internal investigation continues after state police arrested Peoria police Capt. Phil N. Benne in McLean County.

Benne's blood-alcohol content was 0.162 percent - more than twice the legal limit - when he was stopped in a city-owned vehicle along Interstate 55 northwest of Bloomington-Normal at 4:50 a.m. Sunday, court documents say.

Benne, 48, a 24-year member of the department and one-time officer of the year, also was cited with leaving the scene of an accident, illegal transportation of alcohol and improper lane usage.

But police officials have refused to say what type of accident occurred as Benne drove in the westbound lanes of Interstate 74 just southeast of Bloomington-Normal shortly before his arrest.

Officials at Illinois State Police headquarters in Pontiac said, as a matter of policy, they do not release information on crashes involving only property damage.

McLean County Assistant State's Attorney Kristin Krsec, who prosecutes the county's DUI cases, said Wednesday she would only provide the charges Benne faces.

Benne has been placed on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of the internal investigation.

The rural Hanna City resident was released from jail Sunday after posting $300 bail. His next court appearance is set for July 31.
I guess if your a cop you can go get drunk , wreck a public veicle , and get away with it. How can I get a slice of that action??
Old 06-22-2002, 08:27 PM   #2
flibulzbuth
Drow Warrior

That reminds me a story.

A few years ago, a friend of me was working as a butler in a restaurant. The whole place had been rented by a group of judges. By the end of the night, he had served about 1.5 bottles of wine per person, not counting the other drinks they had before and after the meal. He almost called the police and the TV reporters, but finally chickened out (wise move, it was is parents' restaurant [img]smile.gif[/img] ).

Anyway, back on subject... In Canada, as a policeman, you get a lot of benefices: you can beat people, you can even shoot dead 1 latino/■■■■■■ during your service and you will never have to face justice for it. Heck! The worst they ever get is 3-6 months paid vacations.