Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2002, 04:17 AM   #11
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Cloudy that was one awesome story [img]smile.gif[/img] Linda enjoyed it very much too [img]smile.gif[/img] After all the stress this week we both needed a good laugh. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Moni [img]smile.gif[/img] I have to admit using auto parts to fix the problem was sheer genius [img]smile.gif[/img] Too funny [img]smile.gif[/img]

This thread was right on time [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2002, 04:33 AM   #12
Lord Shield

if it happens again, just do your business out of the window

Old 06-16-2002, 04:51 AM   #13
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

MagiK beat me to it. New toilets are errrr shit! How does it save water when you have to flush 3 times? Bring back a whole truckload from Canada MagiK!

Cloudy and Moni theres a few things I need fixed around here, if you could swing by I'd be grateful [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2002, 05:33 AM   #14
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
quote:
Originally posted by Scholarcs:
Cloudy, I am right in the middle of a similar story! Anyway our dishwasher is broken really badly, and the man who came to fix it couldnt pull it out to see what was wrong with it because the leaking water had swollen the floorboards beneath it. So now we have a broken diswasher that can't be taken out to fix, cant be used, and I have to clean and dry the dishes for my whole family!

Any suggestions anyone?
Focus a fan on the floor around your dishwasher and turn it on high...the floor should recede as it dries out.
Good Luck with that dishwasher! I know firsthand what pains they can be!!
[/QUOTE]I'll suggest that to my parents, I just hope that the feet of the dishwasher aren`t dug into the wet boards now :/
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 06-16-2002, 07:20 AM   #15
Moni

Scholarcs,
If the floor isn't cheap particle board (like the one in my old bathroom was lol) it should be OK...even if the feet have dug into it a little, they can still use a crow bar to lift the front and shorten the (hopefully adjustable!) feet.

Earthdog,
I am glad you got a kick out of the story! That mess has to be the worst of all repairs I made while I lived there. [img]smile.gif[/img]

LoA,
What do you pay?

[ 06-16-2002, 07:21 AM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 06-16-2002, 09:22 AM   #16
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Great story, Moni! I've seen so many old places with similar problems! I lived in one before building this house and we had light switches that didn't work anything.. or at least didn't seem too, pipes that were sealed off, holes in the floor where pipes USED to be... yup, old houses can be LOTS of fun! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Scholarcs, definitely tell your folks to dry out the floor. A heater of some sort aimed at the base of the dishwasher could help, then, as Moni pointed out, try a crowbar!

Earthdog! Wonderful! [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img] Maybe I'll tell the one about the 'sump pump from the black depths....' later! LOL, now THAT was a repair that tried my patience!

LoA, what? You'd rather flush ONCE than 3 times per use? Silly male, how efficient...LOL Really, I DO see that we aren't saving much water with the 'low flow' version. As for your chores, hey! Weren't you gonna put a drop ceiling in my basement?!

[ 06-16-2002, 09:23 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 06-16-2002, 09:27 AM   #17
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Ha! I have full flushers here but resale value on the Canadians toilets....

And Cloudy and Moni, I pay very well for home service! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 06-16-2002, 09:34 AM   #18
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Ha! I have full flushers here but resale value on the Canadians toilets....

And Cloudy and Moni, I pay very well for home service! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
So now I know I can just import them from your place! [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2002, 09:48 AM   #19
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Yes a full flushing is available at Big Paulys Place [img]smile.gif[/img] At a mimimum bargain price too!
Old 06-16-2002, 09:51 AM   #20
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

We live in a house built in 1923 so I can relate to you folks. But the guy next door has a house built in the 19th Century, and HE had a problem. He came out the back door one night to let his little poodle, who was blind, out to do her business. The little dog scampered out - and disappeared. He heard a splash and ran to get a flashlight. This revealed the litttle dog swimming frantically in a LARGE pool of water where his back porch used to be. Turned out that an old cistern that he didn't know was there had collapsed, taking his entire back porch with it. He had to pay for fill and foundation repairs. And a new back porch.