Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2003, 08:59 PM   #1
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

For evidence that he is dead or information leading to his capture. Do you think if he is still alive someone would turn the tables on him for that amount of money? Z and I were talking and we think he is "holed-up" somewhere still in Iraq. He certainly has the knowledge that the resources to do that.

Do you think this monetary offer will help? They have made the same offer for bin Laden, and thus far, there have been no takers.

I guess it comes down to "what price loyalty."
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Reeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 11:40 PM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I don't think that will do any good. It's all about intelligence now, and of course... luck.
Old 07-04-2003, 12:00 AM   #3
Animal
Gold Dragon

I'm guessing if the "All Powerfull, All Knowing, Omnipetent US Government" can't find Saddam then no one can't. Perhaps Osama Bin Laden will turn him in for the reward money. I would imagine that $25 million could probably buy a whole lot of WoMD.
Old 07-04-2003, 12:16 AM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
As long as he has cash to spend, he'll have plenty of friends and safe havens, oh ever sarcastic Animal.

The minute he turns bankrupt though, he'll be presented on a silver platter, by whoever is harbouring him now. That just might take a while.
Old 07-04-2003, 12:18 AM   #5
Animal
Gold Dragon

You underestimate the short sightedness of the US government, Johnny.

They will soon forget about Hussein, just has they have forgetten about Bin Laden. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2003, 12:40 AM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I don't think there's a single American on this planet who has already forgotten about Bin Laden. If there is one, he probably needs medical attention. It's just a little quiet now, but that doesn't mean anything. Same goes for Saddam, he can't hide forever. Eventually someone will rat on him, or he'll make a mistake, or whatever. The fat lady hasn't left the building yet.
Old 07-04-2003, 01:25 AM   #7
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:

They will soon forget about Hussein, just has they have forgetten about Bin Laden. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Oh come on Animal. Thats just absured. Troops are STILL in Afghastan, The Pakistan border is STILL being patrolled, Intel is STILL tracking him.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Iron_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 05:59 AM   #8
Donut
Jack Burton

I heard that Chelsea are offering $30 million!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 03:29 PM   #9
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
quote:

Oh come on Animal. Thats just absured. Troops are STILL in Afghastan, The Pakistan border is STILL being patrolled, Intel is STILL tracking him. [/QUOTE]I'm not so sure. The way I see, if the US government really wanted Bin Laden that badly, he'd already be in custody. I feel that the CIA is a little overconfident at times, and occasionally misrepresents their abilities. It strange that whenever the topic of Bin Laden is raised, the response is "We are still tracking him." Well forgive me, but if you are tracking him, then you obviously know where he is, so why not capture him?

Of course, the fact the he is still at large is somewhat of a problem and maybe even a bit of a black eye for US intelligence. I think the US citizens and much of the worlds populace is being deceived by the US.

Just my opinion, of course. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2003, 07:00 PM   #10
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
I'm not so sure. The way I see, if the US government really wanted Bin Laden that badly, he'd already be in custody. I feel that the CIA is a little overconfident at times, and occasionally misrepresents their abilities. It strange that whenever the topic of Bin Laden is raised, the response is "We are still tracking him." Well forgive me, but if you are tracking him, then you obviously know where he is, so why not capture him?

Huh? If you tracking him, you dont know where he is. You have leads and intel, but you dont 'know'. The responce is 'we are still tracking him' because we ARE 'still tracking him'. How are we not? A bit off topic, but its my opinion that he is in Pakistan somewhere, wether the Pakistan goverment knows this or not...Thats the question.

Of course, the fact the he is still at large is somewhat of a problem and maybe even a bit of a black eye for US intelligence. I think the US citizens and much of the worlds populace is being deceived by the US.

Just my opinion, of course. [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QB]
I am not sure why people have always thought it would be easy to find him. Yes, its looks pretty bad for the CIA. But it would look worse if we completley stopped wouldn't it? And yes we are being deceived...Its all part of that vast right wing conspiracy you always hear about.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Iron_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote