Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2003, 08:35 PM   #1
jred
Elite Waterdeep Guard

This is the place for all the well informed people, so what will Black Isles come out with next? BG3, IWD3, anyone? Let the rumors fly.
jred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 04:45 AM   #2
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

The next game black isle will come out with will be Lionheart. Here's a link http://lionheart.blackisle.com/
It was actually due out Q4 2002 but that's already past and they haven't(as far as i know) pushed back the date yet so i'm not sure when it;s due out. There will never be a BG3 because the saga has ended(tob is called The Final Chapter for a reason) Imagine starting a game w/ a level 28 character
Old 01-19-2003, 08:50 AM   #3
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

In addition to Lionheart, BIS has another project in the works codenamed "Jefferson". Here is a link for the details:

http://shadow-network.net/jefferson/general.php

Check out the remainder of the links on the menu to the left - particularly the link for the setting. [img]smile.gif[/img]

While it's true that the Bhaalspawn saga ended with BG2:Throne of Bhaal, there STILL could be a BG3 as Inerplay retains the license for games set in Baldur's gate.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2003, 06:05 PM   #4
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:

While it's true that the Bhaalspawn saga ended with BG2:Throne of Bhaal, there STILL could be a BG3 as Inerplay retains the license for games set in Baldur's gate.
Lets hope so! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2003, 11:40 AM   #5
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Angelousss:
The next game black isle will come out with will be Lionheart. Here's a link http://lionheart.blackisle.com/
It was actually due out Q4 2002 but that's already past and they haven't(as far as i know) pushed back the date yet so i'm not sure when it;s due out. There will never be a BG3 because the saga has ended(tob is called The Final Chapter for a reason) Imagine starting a game w/ a level 28 character
Looks good and it will run on my old run down Pentium II 350MHZ. I avoided NWN and IWD2 because I would be pushing system specifications. Actually BGII is about my limit on the games that will run. I would buy a new computer but it isn't an affordable priority right so I have to do with games built for the older pentium II's and lionheart looks to be one of those.

[ 01-20-2003, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 01:18 PM   #6
Montravant
Manshoon

Lionheart sounds promising. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
Montravant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2003, 02:52 PM   #7
Micah Foehammer

pritchke,

what are your system specs??? I got NWN to run on my system and it is hardly state of the art.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 01-20-2003, 03:17 PM   #8
pritchke

I may actually just meet spects for IWDII but not for NWN. Although people tell me that people actually can play some games and not meet the minimum specs. I just don't like taking the risk on a purchase that I can't use.

I once bought "Vampire: The masqurade" for $20 and my grapics card was not quite up to par. I would get out of the church and the environment was shades of white, and gray, mostly white. I guess I could always download the demo to play to see if it should work. However NWN's I am well below.

http://nwn.bioware.com/about/requirements.html

Required Pentium II 450 MHz only running a PII 350MHZ
Ram: 64MB required 96MB
Video Card: I have "RTG Rage Pro"??? I don't think it will work.

Rest of my specs are OK .

[ 01-20-2003, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 01-20-2003, 03:34 PM   #9
Micah Foehammer

Your cpu looks a bit on the slow side. Not sure about the vid card, but i am running it with a voodoo 5 and it works fine. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-20-2003, 03:42 PM   #10
pritchke

Here is something that I find confusing on the lionheart website , possibly a typo.

Q: What are the system specs for Lionheart?
A: Lionheart is expected to run well on any PC with at least a Pentium III 300MHz or faster CPU with at least 64MB of RAM. Since Lionheart is not a 3D game, you can use any DirectX certified video card, as long as it has at least 8MB of video RAM.

Pentium III 300MHz????? Does this even exist? I always thought the pentium titles had to do with a range of speeds. 300MHz falling in the Pentium II category.