Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2005, 04:14 PM   #81
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Sorry, I won't be seeing any movies about Che Guevara. One of my betes noires.
Old 01-22-2005, 04:17 PM   #82
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Is it french or something?
Old 01-22-2005, 04:50 PM   #83
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Well our snow here has stopped for now. Got about five inches or so. Didn't have to shovel it either, as some man came buy offering to do it for ten bucks. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 01-22-2005, 09:37 PM   #84
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Oh, and what a day it's been...

I predicted wrong on the kids. They got up at 7AM, a mere five plus hours after I went to bed. I managed to get another hour of sleep, but that was it.

And last night, that snow storm really hit. This morning, the snow in the driveway was higher than our snowblower, which was acting up. I've never heard a snowblower engine race before... but today, I have.

I was also wrong about what would happen if it snowed. Can't turn the water off when the whole family's housebound, can I? So it was off to pick up the new furniture so I could spend the day assembling it. With the directions, Wellard [img]smile.gif[/img] It's so much easier that way....

I should have noticed something when the guys at the furniture store first told me I'd have to put down another row of seats in the car... bad sign. And then, the fact that it took two of them to manhandle the two boxes into the car? Should have paid more attention to that, too.

Got 'em home, and I think the light one is in excess of 250 pounds. Who can help me in the house with that much weight? No one... so I manhandled 'em in, to the tune of what will be aching bones and muscles tomorrow.

Then it took but a mere five hours to assemble 'em both... but they're in, and complete. And I only dinged a couple of minor things along the way

Then my wife's best friend came over to help with some of the decorating rearranging that's currently going on. She's got some thing about how nothing can be against a wall, so let's make every room smaller by moving the #$%@# furniture into the #$%!@# middle of the %#^@%^ room, shall we? As you might be able to tell, I was losing any sense of humor about things at this point

Twenty minutes later, it became clear that whatever I want and think about the room no longer matters. So I left, and left them to move the #!$^%# 250 pound new critters wherever they want them. I think my wife knows I'm not happy...

Meanwhile, the women and my daughter, once they'd decided where THEY wanted the @^@#$ furniture, set down to make some cards. That left me and my son to try to occupy ourselves, and me with a slow rolling boil going.... so eventually, I convinced him to join me outside so I could snowblow the driveway again. Physical activity is good for getting rid of frustrations, isn't it? At least, as long as you stop before the heart attack.

Remember that snowblower with the racing engine? It started on the first pull for me, only it left the pull cord hanging out -- it wouldn't go back in. I get down the driveway once, after deciding that I can do it with the cord hanging down, but when I get to the bottom, guess what? The thrower part stops working... the part that gets rid of the snow. I now have a noisy gas-powered shovel with a hole in the bottom of it... with the @#^@$# cord still hanging out.

I try everything in the male handbook (beating, bashing, thumping, etc.), but it's no go. I give up. The snowblower will have to go in for service on Monday. But I still need to clear off the stuff the snowplow left at the bottom of the driveway.... hello, shovel, and hello, increased risk of heart attack. And yes, I'm serious about that.

Fortunately, my son decides that shoveling snow is a lot of fun, so he helps me. Little does he know that in another three or four years, this will be his job all the time

We finish, or at least I do. It's too freakin' cold, and because of how the snowplow went, there's stuff piled five feet into the street. I ain't doin' that... the next snowplow will get it in a couple of days.

But Corbin says he's not ready, and he wants to finish the rest of it! I convince him to do a couple more, and then we head in.

The kids are in bed, my wife is still making cards, and I'm in my cave... and heaven help anyone who comes in here and bothers me.

There. Got that out. How's everyone else doing?
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:44 PM   #85
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Bungleau that was a great post I had a good laugh. Laughing with you not at you. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Well still no baby, but the wife just told me she thinks things are starting to happen. I am not going to say it is kinda gross. No contractions just some other stuff. So we figure with in the next 48 hours it might happen. Which I am glad it is now and not the other day when we had all the freezing rain. At least we can get to the hospital now.

Cross your fingers. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-22-2005, 11:06 PM   #86
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Sounds like a nightmare Bungleau! Well at least you have the furniture situation finished, I hope you don't feel too sore tomorrow! Take a hot bath before bed, hot water is really helpful in reducing "next-day" muscle aches. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Mack Attack, I'm crossing my fingers that all goes well, and the freezing participation has ended now. Awww, you HAVE to tell us when your baby is born, congratulations! (ahead of time) [img]smile.gif[/img] (ps - if she is spotting no doubt it will be very soon!)

Is this your first child? Just curious, cause I didn't even know you were expecting a baby, like, any day now! My sincere best wishes to you and your wife. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-22-2005, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 01-22-2005, 11:21 PM   #87
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
Evning all. I just came back from the cinema. I watched Diarios de motocicleta. One of the best movies I have ever seen. Check the movies forum for more info.
I will check out that post Xen, I really fancy that film. Motorcycles and politics are a great combination. I am trying to get an Argentinian friend of mine to watch it with me, but like Attalus he has very big reservations about Che Guevara. BTW is the film in Spanish?

[ 01-22-2005, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: wellard ]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 01-22-2005, 11:28 PM   #88
wellard
Dracolisk

Best wishes and fingers crossed for the new baby Mack_Attack. This is (will be) your second child after Sydney or am I confused? [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

Bungleau, great post [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] and you seem to remain very calm under the circumstances [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 01-23-2005, 04:44 AM   #89
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
Evning all. I just came back from the cinema. I watched Diarios de motocicleta. One of the best movies I have ever seen. Check the movies forum for more info.
I will check out that post Xen, I really fancy that film. Motorcycles and politics are a great combination. I am trying to get an Argentinian friend of mine to watch it with me, but like Attalus he has very big reservations about Che Guevara. BTW is the film in Spanish? [/QUOTE]Overall it is. But some word are spoken in Aregntinian dialect.
Old 01-23-2005, 10:57 AM   #90
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Keeping my fingers crossed for you, Mack. Hope everything goes well. Bungleau, we have unilaterally decided to stop buying furniture that has to be put together. Luckily Will is old enough not to need any of those put-together toys. 28 degrees, here, but clear and sunny and supposed to get up to 42, that's +6 Celsius.