Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2001, 02:38 AM   #1
Jason Leonard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to use the spells Create Portal and Vanish. I don't have Teleport yet, but am sure it will be just as odd to figure out.

In addition, I would like to know if there is something I can do in my current predicament...I am on the of the sea area near Brimloch Roon, near where you fight the Hyrda and go to Lord Cet's temple, etc. I want to know

a) is there an easy way back to Brimloch Roon?
b) is there a way to take some treasure chest with me? I'm STOCK FULL on treasure and items, which I need to sell...but have also found many treasure chests this side of the Gael Serran which are sitting in my boat right now.

I'd like to not have to remember where the chests are, but will settle with leaving them in the boat if necessary. I can always go back to where I got the boat, and go back through the Shrine the long way...and come back for the chests. It's just so much work!
Jason Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2001, 09:51 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Jason!!!

You need both CREATE PORTAL and TELEPORT to be of any use. Create Portal will set the spot to which you can later Teleport - without both spells you cannot do a thing.
CALL OF HOME - will take you back to Brimloch Roon and is the fastest method of getting there once you have entered the Lost Sea area.

SO, if you were to CREATE PORTAL over where you fight the Hydra, then use CALL OF HOME to return to Brimloch Roon and do what ever you do there, you could exit the town and cast TELEPORT to return to where you fight the Hydra.

Hope that explains things for you!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2001, 06:40 PM   #3
BlackRaven
Dungeon Master

I've played around a little with Vanish and it works pretty well for going between areas. just pull up against some trees with an open space on the other side, cast Vanish and you should move forward into the open on the other side of the trees. I used this to move around between all of the areas, (Brimloch Roon to Cet Pyramid area, etc..)

Once you get Teleport and Call of Home it's a piece of cake.