Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2001, 02:27 PM   #1
Hunter
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The most annoying part of the game other than a Ranger never gaining attribute points, is the fact that at night time, you still can't see a damned thing even with Illuminate, and I would have to say the best spell I have right now is Meteor and Elemental Blast(only because it is very useful when jumped by Parahnas and other killer fish that other magic can't hit because they don't go through water). And I still have not found any better armor than the Plate Mail and that is hard to come by, except for in shops. And As I was on my way to Shuregon castle at night, I got jumped by a huge monster, that I couldn't see, but it whiped out my entire party in a matter of seconds by gagging and poisoning them while about 100 other monsters jumped me as well! I would really like to know what the heck it was!
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2001, 02:52 PM   #2
Dragonrider
Dungeon Master

You ran into a mantrap. There will be about four of them. If you can reload you game and wait until daylight so you can see them in all their glory. Fire does wonders against them but you have to hit and run frequently.
Dragonrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2001, 08:14 PM   #3
aestra
Dungeon Master

LOL. Yup, you've met the amazoni mantraps. Go there in daylight. Search for mantrap and you'll find a host of suggestions on how to get rid of them, okay, kill them. But it'd be easier if you could try and get yourself a burning haze or -storm spell. Then simply walking carefully in the day and hitting them at range and pulling back will suffice.
aestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2001, 04:05 PM   #4
Arithon
Welcomed New User

turning the brightness up on your monotor also helps
Arithon is offline   Reply With Quote