Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2002, 08:38 AM   #1
Enedelin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Is there any point in killing the djinni in the Drow city, who's being tortured by drow mages? He's telling you to kill him and free him from his body, so I thought something may come from "freeing" him.
Enedelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 09:23 AM   #2
daan
Silver Dragon

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WELCOME !!!!!!!!

and to answer your question :

There is no real point in killing him, but its fun to irritate the drow torturers.

SPOILER
When you kill the djinni, you'll have to pay 4000 gold in a day, or you'll be attacked by the drow. So IF you want to kill the djinni, make sure you do it, when exiting Ust Natha forever anyway.
That way you dont have to pay up [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2002, 11:05 AM   #3
Enedelin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks. Well I knew about having to pay 4000 to the drow, that's why I wanted to know if it was worth it, for any reason, like maybe being compensated later on by the djinni for "saving" him

Oh, and yet another question [img]tongue.gif[/img]

What can you do about the De Vir drows which have been caught as slaves in a huge cage, on the 2nd floor of the tavern? I thought that being related to Viconia, maybe theres some way of rescuing them or something else?

[ 01-31-2002: Message edited by: Enedelin ]

Enedelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 11:14 AM   #4
daan
Silver Dragon

(not sure)
But i believe this is part of a dead-end quest.
Much like the Rune-fight, where you obtain the staff of magi.

The programmers left some quests unfinished for some reason,
so those quests cannot be completed.

I believe the De Vir quest is one of those quests, you cannot initiate, finish or fail the quest.
The original quest was probably to rescue Viconia's parents
(the De Vir's), but they simply didnt have the time / will to complete and intergrate the quest.

So its no use, sorry :*(