Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2004, 12:46 PM   #11
Daniel_M
Elminster

Question: (Possible game spoiler?) What kinds of tests did Irenicus have to do in hell?
Old 02-04-2004, 01:14 PM   #12
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by karlosovic:
Q: Why can druids have scimitars ?
A:Tradition. Druids are restricted to the weapons druids have always used. Any other weapons would violate their oaths. It so happens that they're allowed to use scimitars. I don't really understand it either, though perhaps it has something to do with the scimitar's curved blade, similar to the sickle, which was originally a farming tool. (Of course, with this line of logic, they should be allowed to use flails...)

Q: What is the point of druids generally ?
A:You mean in a party? Or in the Realms? In the Realms, they provide balance between good and evil, law and chaos, attempting to move everything towards harmonious balance. In parties they cast really cool spells and can summon elementals for use as tanks.

Q: Why can only evil characters wear human flesh ?
A: Would YOU wear human flesh?
[ 02-04-2004, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: Illumina Drathiran'ar ]

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 03:57 PM   #13
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

If cannibalism is eating the flesh of your own species, can Dwarves, Gnomes, etc., eat human meat and get away with it? By extension, is it any more "Evil" for an Elf to wear the Human Flesh than it is for a Human to wear Ankheg Plate?
Old 02-04-2004, 04:08 PM   #14
wally p
The Magister

A: the (admittedly arbitrary) distinction stems from sentience and one's identification rather than from killing per se. Though they are not human, you will find that lots of people cannot stomach the idea of wearing cat or dog fur or the skin of horses, but will more than gladly take that mink coat of your hands.

As for cannibalism, I was under the impression that it is not universally taboo and rather it was more of a social prohibition.

It is more "evil" of an Elf to wear the Human Flesh as a current social norm because it required the killing of intelligent life in order to make. and doubly so because it was not obtained humanely (whatever that means) and, in part, requires the destruction of a canonically good creature in order to make.
wally p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 06:02 PM   #15
InjaYew
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by wally p:

It is more "evil" of an Elf to wear the Human Flesh as a current social norm because it required the killing of intelligent life in order to make. and doubly so because it was not obtained humanely (whatever that means) and, in part, requires the destruction of a canonically good creature in order to make.
Okay if that's the case, then one ought to be able to kill stupid life (ref. Neeber) and wear his flesh without penalty. In fact some sort of award might be given by the local townsfolk for helping sanitize the gene pool a bit.
InjaYew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 06:27 PM   #16
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Q: Why does Saemon Haevarion trick you and then appear again multiple times, expecting you to be nice to him?

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 07:01 PM   #17
wally p
The Magister

A: because apparently all PCs have "I'm A Big Fat Sucker That Has To Trust Saemon For Plot Reasons" tattooed to their foreheads.

[ 02-04-2004, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: wally p ]
wally p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 10:11 PM   #18
InjaYew
Zhentarim Guard

Possibly Saemon sailed the short ship to pirate school...
InjaYew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 12:19 AM   #19
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
I killed him twice, myself. I think we should be asking, "Who in their right mind is bringing him back to life?"

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 01:43 AM   #20
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Illumina Drathiran'ar:
Who is bringing him back to life?
Your processor - so, if you don't like it, just go and throw your processing in the bin, and don't by another one until they're smart enough to leave Saemon dead.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote