Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2001, 09:41 AM   #1
buecherkatze

Here I am, stuck again. How do I use or invoke the book for Breath of air? My warlocks are not restricted to use it, but there is no invoke button. They are up to level 7, but I can't find the spell mentioned in the manual, so I don't know which spellbook it belongs to. Thanks for your help.
Old 02-25-2001, 09:50 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Breath of Air is a 5 level VINE spell - logical, eh?

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2001, 06:06 PM   #3
buecherkatze

I was wondering, since there were no air spells. However, my good monk and assassin who do have Vine spells get the dreaded restricted message. Is there any reason why they can't learn this spell?? And if they really can't, is that spell absolutely crucial? I'd hate to have to change my warlocks profession just so that they can learn the spell, since they don't have Vine right now.
Old 02-25-2001, 06:29 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Might have to do with what level your characters are. When you change class and change spell type your former spell type is limited to half until the new class reaches the level of the former class.

Oh - that was just so helpful NOT

Sorry to be confusing but it must have to do with your characters level.

THE SPELL IS NOT CRITICAL - I never personally found it useful.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2001, 06:49 PM   #5
Pascha

As Wyv said, the spell is not essential (I never used it), just gives you a few more mana in vinecraft if you have it - it is level 6 though, not 5.

If you are desperate to try it out, push one of your chars who has vinecraft to level 12 (you can still buy upgrades at the temple), than the chracter will be able to get the spell at the next level up [but only chars who have currently vinecraft (including Warlock & Zenmasters who have it) can read the book - so sell it, if you are not going to change someone to ranger].
Old 02-25-2001, 09:16 PM   #6
buecherkatze

Thanks for your help. This makes me breathe a lot easier (no pun intended). I would have hated to mess with my warlocks. They have saved my group's bacon often enough. Off to find the sunken city.