Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2002, 02:40 PM   #11
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

Chaotic Evil thief git so i can steal and kill and not worry about the police....
Felix
Old 07-11-2002, 03:42 PM   #12
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Of course evil....I mean lookit the grin of my picture in my sig!
Old 07-11-2002, 05:35 PM   #13
uss
20th Level Warrior

Chaotic Evil is a really strange character - you make the character. Go to a tavern. Then kill everybody inside the tavern and loot them. If you survive, go outside the tavern and destroy the village. thats pretty much it [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 07-11-2002, 10:58 PM   #14
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Since you specified in games, I like Good based alignments. Lawful, Chaotic or Neutral.

In real life anything on the chaotic side will get you institutionalised and ostracised from society and if you are of evil bent, you will end up dead of it, in jail from it or just plain stompped on by the vast majority of the people who dislike your choice of being evil.

In terms of being evil it really depends on your intelligence, wisdom and charisma levels as to whether you get stomped on. Cheney and Bush seem to be quite evil men (in that they care primarily about maintaining their positions of power and ensuring the wealth of their institution regardless of the cost to innocents) but they conduct themselves in such a way as to make themselves appear merciful and just to ensure they maintain public support and power. They are smart, wise amd charismatic (well, perhaps not THAT charismatic) people. [img]smile.gif[/img]

And I dunno, being chaotic is not without it's charm. In recent decades the whole 'rebel' image has been held up and glorified by Western media. Everyone loved the fonz [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2002, 11:09 PM   #15
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Chaotic Evil is what i like because i am EVIL! lol In games like Diablo II i allvais play Chaotic Evil and that is cool i kill all that wont to talk to me lol! and i if i had a "nuke" i would drop it over Diablo`s nest fast then i dont have to fight all his servants! hehe!
Old 07-12-2002, 12:08 PM   #16
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
quote:
Since you specified in games, I like Good based alignments. Lawful, Chaotic or Neutral.

In real life anything on the chaotic side will get you institutionalised and ostracised from society and if you are of evil bent, you will end up dead of it, in jail from it or just plain stompped on by the vast majority of the people who dislike your choice of being evil.

In terms of being evil it really depends on your intelligence, wisdom and charisma levels as to whether you get stomped on. Cheney and Bush seem to be quite evil men (in that they care primarily about maintaining their positions of power and ensuring the wealth of their institution regardless of the cost to innocents) but they conduct themselves in such a way as to make themselves appear merciful and just to ensure they maintain public support and power. They are smart, wise amd charismatic (well, perhaps not THAT charismatic) people. [img]smile.gif[/img]

And I dunno, being chaotic is not without it's charm. In recent decades the whole 'rebel' image has been held up and glorified by Western media. Everyone loved the fonz [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Im not gonna get sucked into that. Bush/Cheney are no more evil than you or I.....well I don't really know about YOU. It is off topic and baiting. Please stop.

Old 07-12-2002, 12:28 PM   #17
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
quote:

[/QUOTE]Im not gonna get sucked into that. Bush/Cheney are no more evil than you or I.....well I don't really know about YOU. It is off topic and baiting. Please stop.
[/QUOTE][img]graemlins/offtopic.gif[/img]
Yeah, i don`t really think Bush is evil. I just think he`s a bit, well, how to say it? Unintelligent. I once heard he went to the president of Brazil and said:"You have blacks too?"("blacks" as in black people). I also heard he has a smaller IQ than an average American but that is possibly made up.
Old 07-12-2002, 12:40 PM   #18
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Depends on the class.
A lawful/good Paladin or Cleric.
A neutral/good mage or fighter.
A chaotic/good barbarian or thief on occasion.

I only play CRPG's. I tried P&P RPG's once or twice. I couldn't get into the general crowd. Forgive me for stereotyping, but it seems like there were entirely too many immature or strange personalities playing P&P. I designed a few in-depth modules with AD&D that I sold with the game materials to a hard core Ravenloff fan. I think I enjoyed the creativity even more than the playing. I moved on from drawing and writing to tinkering and computers.