Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2001, 08:38 PM   #1
UserFriendly

Help!
I'm in Ust natha and have completed all the subquests leading up to the Matron mother quest. I have all three of the quest items, eyestalk, brain serum and blood. I get to the temple of lolith, talk to the matron mother. I get the quest and then i try talking to Phaere to get the request to meet her at her quarters to get false eggs. If I talk to her with the items, the matron mother grabs the items, and then phaere tells me to meet her at her quarters. I go there, and get the false eggs. But, once I sneak into the temple, and open the treasury doors, the entire city turns hostile including phaere!!!

What exactly is the sequence of events that people have used? My party is strong enough to fight my way thru the city and return the silver dragon eggs to the silver dragon, however I want to see the matron mother and phaere get their just rewards.

I've tried sneaking into the treasury using improved invisibility, sanctuary and just plain bashing my way thru. Once the matron mother gets the blood, I can't open the treasury door without getting detected and the city turning hostile. and I need to give her the blood or else phaere won't give me the fake eggs, and the key.

Please help me!!!

Old 02-05-2001, 08:44 PM   #2
BLACK KNIGHT

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

Okay, are you sure it is the treasury you are breaking into? I think that the place is on the far right hand side of the map. Some of the guards go apeshite over you entering the place, but I don't remember the whole place going crazy. Hmmm.

BK

Old 02-06-2001, 01:34 AM   #3
UserFriendly

yep, it did indeed have the true eggs.
I really need rest sequences as well. plan to try other things, like time stop, cntrl-j, and possibly the kill sequence. I want to get out of the frigging underdark, and worst comes to worst I'll waste the silver dragon if I have to.
anybody who's finished it???!!!???!!!

Old 02-06-2001, 01:41 AM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Time stop will likely not work since it is quite a walk from the egg room's door to the actual egg "shelf", you need some quick "spacebar" pausing and it is likely when you reach the drow egg guards they'll turn hostile. I always leave my 5 other party members near the exit of the temple and send Viconia/Aerie in with sanctuary casted. The [ctrl] + [j] will also work, but make sure you turn party AI off or else your party member (who is under santuary) will attack the golem as soon as he/she has got the eggs. Personally, I rather level-down the drow city than killing the silver dragon, if worst come to worst.
Old 02-06-2001, 01:47 AM   #5
turbovee
Elminster

Make sure that your party is only engaging the guards directly outside the treasury and no one else. If you use area spells that will cause a problem, you need to use direct attack spells.
Old 02-06-2001, 11:36 AM   #6
Donut (Son of Donut)

Yes, the answer is to get behind the two guards outside before you bop 'em making sure no one else can see you. I used Aerie with a wand of cloudkill. Open the door, fire Cloudkill at the nearest Golem, shut the door then just listen to them squeal.

Old 02-06-2001, 11:42 AM   #7
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

OR you could turn the guards to stone, then move through the room, using the boots of speed or a haste spell, and use space bar to pause the game once you opened the box where the egges are switch then and run, the golems won't react fast enough to attack you in time.