Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2002, 05:17 AM   #11
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

I can't help with the crash, but I do have a few Q's and A's..

1.)..Are you fighting the Xydusa, (down inside the serpents lair) or Xydusa's spirit? (the faint image at the brazier)

2.)..Did you save just before the battle? If so...reload. If not ..take your party back to town and heal them. You'll need everyone to beat Elyssia. (If you've already takin the fall down the elevator to the serpents lair...I hope you have a recent save...If your still at the brazier, you can go out the Front door of the temple. Just go straight east.)

3.)You don't have to kill Xydusa, in fact if you let her live, (for now) you can get the 'Snake Skin' trait for one of your characters.. (BEST TIPS, page 5)

4.)There are tips for beating Elyssia in the Best Tips thread. I just use 'Heroic Might' and 'Haste'. As soon as i get Snake Skin, I start wackin.
Old 06-12-2002, 07:24 PM   #12
cybernosferatu
Elite Waterdeep Guard

1.)..Are you fighting the Xydusa, (down inside the serpents lair) or Xydusa's spirit? (the faint image at the brazier)

Im in the Lair

2.)..Did you save just before the battle? If so...reload. If not ..take your party back to town and heal them. You'll need everyone to beat Elyssia. (If you've already takin the fall down the elevator to the serpents lair...I hope you have a recent save...If your still at the brazier, you can go out the Front door of the temple. Just go straight east.)

Oops, saved after I fell in the pit

3.)You don't have to kill Xydusa, in fact if you let her live, (for now) you can get the 'Snake Skin' trait for one of your characters.. (BEST TIPS, page 5)

Too late, killed everyone
I said "kerah" to the wrong person, he god mad, so I capped him

4.)There are tips for beating Elyssia in the Best Tips thread. I just use 'Heroic Might' and 'Haste'. As soon as i get Snake Skin, I start wackin.

I cant get snaky skins, ta for the tips with Ely, Is the rest of this game so buggy?
cybernosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 07:58 PM   #13
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

The game has many bugs, if your playing it on Win2k and WinXP. Win 98 and Win ME don't have many.

There are workarounds and a patch, for all the big bugs. I run the game with out the patch, on an ME system, so I don't really have any problems.

There's are posts on the BEST TIPS thread, (page 4 ) about Win2k and patched vs. unpatched.

Another good site to check for WinXP problems is here: the WWHAP
Old 06-13-2002, 10:02 AM   #14
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

Hi There, I'm new to this game too, but I think you'll like my money making tip. I couldn't get the new character at the inn thing to work other than to give me 200 at a time.
What def worked for me is taking a fighter who is a member of the fighters guild, going to "buy special items" (In the guild menu in the smithy), buying as many +1 arrows as possible and selling them right back to the smithy for 50% profit, I made 100,000 in less than 10 minutes. I was a bit wary of cheating, but hey if the guy thinks he's run low on these and wants to pay more then why not?.
I am so impressed by this excellent (and cheap!) game, far better than Wizardry & Pools of radiance but not quite Baldurs gate / Icewind Dale.