Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2002, 11:16 PM   #1
cybernosferatu
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Im having a hard time GIVING items to people
very early in the game ie rat pie, potion for Mr Frogy etc
I tried the use option but the items do not appear there
I tried the give option but still they are not there
I tried clicking like a crazy ant on a hot day, er I killed Mr Frog and same with Mr Rat Pie.

Another thing I would like to know, how do you start the game over from scratch? I went into the save game folder and deleted the items in there. Restarted the game and all the characters were still there.

Help please ............
I only found the game in a bargain bin the other day and am already stuck.

Thanks all
cybernosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 12:08 AM   #2
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

Welcome to the board,

First of all, make sure that the person that has the item, is selected. Then click on the USE/GIVE icon and then click give on the bottom of the scoll. click the down arrow below it to scroll thru your inventory, until the item appears. You should then get a blue targeting cursor.

If you've done all of that right and still have a problem, first check the help desk thread. If that dosen't help, I now they'll need to know about your system. Especially what OS your using.

As far as starting over from scratch. You can go to the 'INN' select a character, right click on them to open their pack and you'll see 2 icons on the upper left side of the screen. Just click 'Delet pc'. once you have a new group, leave the INN and click on the computer icon (bottom left) and in the next screen there will be a button (upper right) to 'Reset adventure'

.. ..I hope that helps...I gave Rathpian (A.K.A. Mr. rat pie) a bag of gold, my first time thru.. ... Good luck
Old 05-19-2002, 12:23 AM   #3
cybernosferatu
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks Ill give that a go
that reply was pretty quick too cheers
ok back to the game, know any ways of making money faster?
Old 05-19-2002, 01:01 AM   #4
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

...Spoiler...

There is a cheat for unlimited gold.. ..

You go to the inn and create a new character...add them to your party and click on 'Pool Gold'. Right click on the person in your party that has the most gold, right click on their gold bag, click on divide. Drag and drop one of the bags on the new characters portrait. Now right click on them to make sure the gold is there. Next, you close their pack, make sure they are still selected in the upper left and remove them from the party. Now add them back and click on Pool Gold, (don't open their pack) left click their portrait and remove, add, Pool gold, remove, add, Pool...

You might want to make sure one of your party has some gold and sit it out while you do this...other wise you'll have to...create, add, Pool, delete,..Just to get 200 GP.
Old 05-19-2002, 05:17 AM   #5
WillowIX
Apophis

Ehhmm, packrat?!? Do you divide the gold between you characters?!? Doesnīt that take a lot of time to get lots of gold?!? Just go in to inventory, must be in there, pool gold on every character (thatīs 1200) and then remove-->add and every character will now have 1200 gold, repeat (ever char 7200) etc. etc... I donīt really see the meaning of dividing, lol...
Old 05-19-2002, 07:29 AM   #6
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

I wiped out my 'Bank' a few times, when I first started playing..
One wrong click. and you start over.. .. So, I played it safe until I got the hang of it.

The only time I need gold now, is when I find a weapon I REALLY want to bless..

...Sometimes your the windshield...sometimes your the bug.
Old 05-19-2002, 12:40 PM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, cybernosferatu!!!

You've already been given some excellent advice on how to use GIVE.

GOLD - check the BEST TIPS thread (there is a index of sorts in the first post on the first page). There are a number of tips on how to make money in this game!

Have fun and keep us posted!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 02:23 AM   #8
cybernosferatu
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well thanks for all the tips

its actually not a bad game at all, one thing that is driving me nuts though is the endlessly getting stuck in the floor or roof etc
I know there is a patch out there in fact I have it already. oh yeah that give problem I was having. DOH. I worked out the problem.

I was attempting to give the items before saying goodbye to the chars

oooooooooh yeah a really weird thing happened too
I was talking to that rat guy, as I was walking away I left the trade option open. Just for fun I thought lets torch some roaches that were stuck in a pile on the floor. Next thing I know theres a book in my trade box for sale at 43897625 gold. I just wish i had enough to get it. Obvious bug in the game but still I would have liked to have got it....

Anyways cheers
Cyber Nosferatu
Old 05-26-2002, 04:42 AM   #9
WillowIX
Apophis

You should have bought that book or "Rethpianīs Unearthly Travels" as itīs known! Itīs the answer to the puzzle! Thereīs nothing you canīt do with that book. Naah, never heard of that bug, lol!

[ 05-26-2002, 04:44 AM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
Old 05-30-2002, 09:38 PM   #10
cybernosferatu
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Latest gripe: I cant kill Xydusa, the game will not allow it
zap zap clang alang hssssssst hhhhhhhsssssssssst game crashes
She (IT) also cannot kill me
zippity zap all chars stoned and crash
Im just wondering if this has happened to anyone else
I should mention that I only have one char left
5 stoners and a warlock
Im thinking next I will try getting killed by the nearest nesting spider to see if this will work around the bug. Any suggestions.

Cyber Nosferatu