Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2001, 03:25 PM   #1
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Yesterday I aggreed to Kreug's offer to join the temple. He asked me for a 1000gp donation (which I didn't have) but I was still able to join. Now, every third serpent servant would ask me for a donation and I got really tired of it and started blasting servants away.

Has anybody successfully completed the Serpents Temple (up to killing the Naga and Elyssa)?
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2001, 03:30 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I never accepted Kreug's offer but completed the Temple.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2001, 03:56 PM   #3
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Sorry, I should have said:

"Has anybody successfully completed the Serpents Temple (up to killing the Naga and Elyssa) after accepting Kreug's offer?"

Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2001, 04:46 PM   #4
Satts
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I tried to this time around, but the greedy bastages just got to me after a while and well, purification by fire is always an acceptable method of disposition of opposeing forces
Satts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2001, 10:42 PM   #5
Moni

Satts,
LOL!

I got as far as the door puzzle before I was cornered and asked to pay up my dues at a time when I had no free chances left to get away with offering nothing. Had to kill'em all.

Moni
Old 05-05-2001, 10:49 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Okay - now I want to know what does happen if you take Kreug up on his offer and manage to get through the whole temple before you blast everyone.

Wyv
Old 05-06-2001, 10:35 AM   #7
Satts
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'd say you walk out of there broke! I remember him starting out at 50 Gold. ok, i can deal with that. 50's a drop in the bucket.. Walk around the corner and head towards the kitchen and here comes another leper, asking me for 100 Gold! Errmm, well.. ok, I suppose I could give ya 100..just dont hurt me, Mmm k? I slowed down a little after that and started looking for thoes dowery priests from a distance and one of the buggers came up Behind me, demanding 200 gold! Well, thats about as much as I could stand. It's one thing to sneak up on someone, but I'll be a Ratlings Uncle if I submit to extortion of that magnitude.
Excuse me brother, I have the money right here... Oh goodness, im sorry. That Flamestrike has a tendancy to go off all by itself sometimes..

One would most likely be able to get all the way to the priestess without conflict. I dont think killing the monkeys and snakes affected my "faction" with them, so the random hostile encounters dont get held against you. I highly doubt theres a way to get the Mask without Nukeage tho, all the better to start off right and work yourself up for a nite of genocide

Satts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2001, 10:39 AM   #8
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

So while you're paying through the nose you are also NOT getting all the experience you would normally - what a deal!

Wyv
Old 05-06-2001, 12:09 PM   #9
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I say, kill Kreug at the beginning and let the chips fall where they may! Serpin Chips, that is...

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote