Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2002, 11:02 PM   #1
mrk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Fighting the Lich outside, the Dread Elven Archers are real tough - don't respond to Trun Undead, don't seem to be
sensitive to fire spells , take some damage but not a lot.

Any good way to kill them ??

Has anybody Silenced the Lich ?? He keeps casting high level spells forever?

That d*mn Lich cast 1 (Fire?) spell that killed 3 healthy people at 1 time!!

HELP
!!
mrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 11:37 PM   #2
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

I don't think its fire its
SPOILER
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Lightning ,you need enough holy symbols for each party member or they get zapped by about 10 million volts and anyone not protected is dead meet!
search all the rooms and bed chambers for holy symbols and give one to each player.
Old 10-02-2002, 12:18 AM   #3
Kalak
The Magister

hmm...it seems that to kill the lich, i first pumped my party, mass haste...had a sorceror casting repeated fireballs, while my fighters had elemental barrier from cleric on them, had the cleric casting flame strike and his other fire spells, and my wizard when he was visible was casting power word stun or power word silence...note the power words won't work on the mage in the first rounds of combat since he has to many hit points, but if you can do some quick damage before he invis's himself or invisibility purge him after a cpl area affect spells they will work. Also, ignore his minions since the fireballs, etc, will take them out. Actaully had my thief run around and backstabbing them all for the hell of it while I was waiting for them to die.
Old 10-02-2002, 12:20 AM   #4
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Umm, he's fighting the lich in the Fields of Slaughter; he hasn't made it to the Severed Hand yet

One thing you can try is this: have someone with improved invis grab the holy water and make a run to the waterfall. Dropping the holy water in there will kill all the undead in the fields. If you have a mage with Antimagic Field, use that person as a distraction (the only danger is if the lich uses Banshee Wail; that goes through for some reason). This is the fastest way of cleaning out the place without a lot of fighting.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 06:03 PM   #5
Kalak
The Magister

But if your character is deafened then banshee wail doesn't work ;-P
Old 10-02-2002, 07:39 PM   #6
mrk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

After 4 tries, I managed to get close enough to the Lich to do enough damage to keep him from
turning invisible - then it was easy to kill him.

Once he was dead, the other enemies seemed to stand around waiting for me to attack

Now, I'm inthe tower - and that 3rd level is really going ot be tough!!!
mrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 10:26 AM   #7
Som
Elite Waterdeep Guard

To defeat the lich the best way is use your mage - cast of acid of fog and cast out 2 mordek missile
Old 10-05-2002, 06:01 AM   #8
Nom
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I can't fathom why everyone has that much problem with the lich. I guess I was lucky, or by pure skill I killed him directly on the first try. Oh, he cast improved invisibility and other horrific spells but that didn't stop my two mages to whack him up with a lot of fireballs and acid rain. I could see where he was because of the spells he was casting and my fighters just took care of the dread elves. All too easy!
Nom is offline   Reply With Quote