Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2005, 02:57 PM   #1
Gorosh
Elite Waterdeep Guard

spolier
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
i was wondering - can i finish all 3 lairs (beholder, flayer and kuo-toa), before bringing back blood to matron ardulace?

right now i'm in front of temple (i haven't took that quest yet), and i would like to finish all three lairs- should i take quest, and then finish all of the lairs+quest in ust natha (those requiring to see matron first)-i'm not sure if i would have enough time to do all that, or should i first empty all lairs, then get the quest (i have emptied beholder lair already however)? thanks
Gorosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 03:16 PM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

You can't. You time would run out. Make one quest and bring the blood to her, then do the other quests.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 03:18 PM   #3
Stonewarrior
Manshoon

I do not think so. I tried to complete all three and ran out of time last night.
Stonewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 03:23 PM   #4
Gorosh
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
You can't. You time would run out. Make one quest and bring the blood to her, then do the other quests.
yeah, but after i give her blood, phare says i should visit her in her room in 1 hour (where i get eggs quest), so i guess this isn't option...but couldn't i finish all lairs now (since i'm standing in front of the temple, i haven't got that quest yet), and then return to temple etc.?
Gorosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 03:40 PM   #5
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

One hour game time not real time. Go to her house, and finish the quest.
Old 02-07-2005, 03:52 PM   #6
Neomi
Zhentarim Guard

You can enter the lairs at any time during your period of time in the Underdark. Before you enter Ust Natha, or after you've finished with the city and are on your way back out. Plus, there's plenty of time built in to your Ust Natha quests to visit the lairs one by one.

In the end, it doesn't really matter since she only wants one vial of blood and all three will disappear from your inventory.

Xen, does the Matron Mother's quest really have a time limit to it? I thought it was usually only Phaere's quests.
Old 02-07-2005, 03:56 PM   #7
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Neomi:
Xen, does the Matron Mother's quest really have a time limit to it?
Yes it does. You have 3 days.

[ 02-07-2005, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Old 02-08-2005, 06:15 AM   #8
banzai
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
Even on my 1st run through the game I was able to do 2 of the lairs returning with 2 vials of blood. On later runs through the game it wasn´t impossibly hard to do all 3 lairs "at once" returning with 3 vials to the matron mother - if you have all three she reacts "impressed by your might". Quite funny ...
Old 02-09-2005, 04:33 AM   #9
Euso
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I didn't know there was a time limit on that one?
I've always done them all at once, and delivered all three bloods to the Matron Mother.

[ 02-09-2005, 04:34 AM: Message edited by: Euso ]
Old 02-09-2005, 08:45 AM   #10
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Euso:
I didn't know there was a time limit on that one?
I've always done them all at once, and delivered all three bloods to the Matron Mother.
Then you were probably very lucky and rested very little doing the quests. Kudo's to you! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote