Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2001, 11:05 AM   #11
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Shock is a weird risk. It not only depends on the Voltage and possible amperage. It also depends upon the contact points on the body. If the hot wire and ground are touching the same appendage it will just hurt like hell and burn. If one hand is on the hot terminal and the other hand or one of the feet is the ground(or vice-versa), then the current path passes close to the heart and can possibly cause fibrallation. Current passing throught the head(although rare) is also extremely dangerous as it can burn the brain. Whenever it's necessary to work with live current around, wear rubber shoes and keep one hand in your pocket. These two simple things could prevent most shock cases.

------------------
Member of ORT
Master Barbsman and weilder of the razor wit!
Official royal toad! Ribbit! Ribbet I say!

The true secret to happiness is not having what you want, it's wanting what you have!
Old 10-18-2001, 02:46 PM   #12
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

I think the power supply gave up, sometimes (and I mean really sometimes ) it just gives up. They shouldn't be that expensive though. Did you place a new hardware component lately? like a cd-rom (writer), DVD or something like that, you could have overload the power by placing to much components (if you had a 300 Watt power supply then that won't be the problem)

------------------

Lady Menqel, Protector of IW's, smiter of evil

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/mirac
- Priest of Helm
- Fellow Table Dancer of the Jerome's Table dancer group
- Spell formulater of the IW peace-keeping force
- Magical advisor of MiLady Lioness
- Thanks to Sazerac for the great sig picture
Old 10-18-2001, 02:56 PM   #13
Blade
Emerald Dragon

If you have replaced your ram latly it might be the ram and it could have destroyed your motherbord. This happened to me a few weeks ago, and i'm still trying to get my computer to work. It's problems loading Windows 2k pro. The power was off too, and the cables unpluged from the wall. This is just in case you replace your power supply, and power switch and it still doesn't work.

------------------

All blades cut, be they made from metal or wood, but the sharpest and deadliest blade is the one of knowledge.

An Archmage of the HADB