Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2001, 12:32 PM   #1
IntrospectiveIdeals
Dungeon Master

Damn it I think something is bad in my game.

Ok I've just started chaper 2 and I've got a level 10 monk.

Firstly is that ok for where I am in the game?

I tried Firkaag's quest, and the Noble Heart people kill me when I go in the slums. I need to go there coz Yoshimo is in the Copper Coronet and I really need him back in my party. Now the Windspear guy says he has all things sorted out but they still attack me, and they fighters are practically invincible even to my monk.

What can I do?

Also I went on the game banshee page and I saw all of the monks abilities and theres are tonnes!! I've only got a few poo poo ones. There was also some screen on the web page where u could look at your abilities.

Where is this screen, and is it right I only have these abilities?

Finally when I get a weapon and stuff I see stuff Like 2D8 + 2
I establish the +2 is extra damage, but what exactly is the 2D8 how can I seperate them?

2 MORE THINGS

If you think I should start a new quest as a Lawful Evil monk with evil people like Edwin and Viconia instead of my ■■■■■ party now tell me!

Lastly I found that Keldorn's armour fits my monk!!!! At first it said I hadn't got high enough intelligence but I found a potion which increases it. So now my monk has AC -13 and he is only level 10!!

Replies and Answers greatly appreciated.
Old 07-15-2001, 01:08 PM   #2
IntrospectiveIdeals
Dungeon Master

SORRY I HAVE TO BUMP I REALLY NEED HELP
Old 07-15-2001, 01:46 PM   #3
TheDutkanator

I think your level is ok if you just started level 2. In level 2, you could be between level 9 and 2? (thats 20 something)

Did you kill Firkraag? Did you free the person in the cell? Did you go back to the dude's house in the Windspear hills after all that? If so, I think maybe you did something that made the game read something wrong and he only thing you can do is reload a game before you ever went to that area. If you don't have one, you may have to start over. Tough luck. Next time, save the game (NOT quick save) BEFORE DOING ANY QUESTS. This way, if the quest gets messed up,ahem, or if it's too tough, you've got a fallback crutch.

You will gain more cool abilities as you level up. Quivering Palm is prob. the most powerful (aside from magic resistances)

2d8+2 refers to dice rolls. That sword uses 2 8 sided dice (2d8) and gets an extra 2 damage (+2). In MOST (not all) cases, the +2 is also a THACo bonus. (THACo=To Hit Armor Class 0)

I think that starting a game withevil char. is really tough. I've tried a number of times and never really had a lot of fun and NEVER finished. I ALWAYS started a new game with good characters.

I prefer either a solo game (NO NPC'S ALLOWED (except Keldorn the dwarf and ONLY until his book is found, the book of Kaza))

If you need more than one char. my next favorite is a multi player where you create AT LEAST 2 of the char.'s The rest can be NPC's.

-13 AC for a level 10 monk is AWESOME. as far as i know, I've been unable to equip ANY armor on my monk. not even standard leather! (I also have Throne of Bhaal installed)

------------------

Let's get'em guen!

Quote:
"I'm sorry, did I kill you?" -TheDutkanator
Old 07-15-2001, 01:57 PM   #4
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Level 10 is fine for where you are. You get more abilities and you level more, quivering palm at 13. You should have at level 10: +2 movement, +2 save for spells, immunity to diseases, cannot be slowed, lay on hands, -1 to speed factor, +1 to all saves, immune to chard, fists are now +1 weapons, and you should have some stunning blows under abilities.

------------------
Order of the Holy Flame
Member of Clan HADB

Old 07-15-2001, 08:08 PM   #5
sep257
Dungeon Master

IMHO...i think evil characters are stronger... my evil party seems to much stronger than my good party at the same point in the game...maybe the game gives a bias to evil chars? hmmm maybe just my mindset. also..as long as you dont let your rep fall too low, you should be fine. i havent had any trouble with my evil party..just because they were evil...so... i dont know... im all about being evil.