Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2001, 10:03 PM   #11
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

But doesn't that not allow u to use your spells and stuff? Is there any cloaks,or gauntlets, or something that helps your armor level, without blocking your ability to use spells? or should I treat my character like a mage, and always have her hide in the back....

------------------
Quote:
What power would Hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of Heaven?
My Website!
Old 07-14-2001, 03:46 AM   #12
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Actually, you can exploit a bug that lets you steal 2 of certain items.
SPOILER
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
For Kangaxxx the lich, before he turns red, like before he talks to you but after he's appeared, you can pick a ring of gaxx from him. Then when you defeat his second form, you'll get another ring of gaxx. Pretty cool!

------------------
Why?
Old 07-14-2001, 03:55 AM   #13
Jeannada
Dungeon Master

Message to Skydragrrl: asking about good bard armor where you can get good bard armor yet still cast his spells:

*possible spoiler**
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
*Do Haer Dalis's quest- the plane where you have to save him from the bounty hunters.... something meant for haer dalis-- also your Stronghold quest too i think ( you are a blade)
Old 07-14-2001, 10:02 PM   #14
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

The Melodic chain armour will allow your character to still wear armour and cast spells. There are various gloves and girdles to increase your strength and I'd advise giving your guy/gal some proficiency with a katana and then equipping him/her with the Dak'kon's Zerth Blade +2 (Katana) which although only a +2 weapon will give you additional 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th level spells.

P.S. I'm not really dissing Bards per se, I used one expecting him to be like a mage, I just didn't do my homework.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 07-15-2001, 04:45 AM   #15
Sigmar
Unicorn

Thiefs are always the best for stealing things, their whole proffesion is dedicated to it.

------------------
"In Ankh-Morpork curiosity killed the cat, tied weights to its legs and then threw it in the river."

Tiax, warmaster of clan HADB
Old 07-15-2001, 10:30 AM   #16
coyote
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I used Jan (with potion of master thievery) to steal ALL the scrolls from the woman at the back of Ribald's. I wasn't caught at all!!

Edwin and Ysabell (my mage) had a good day that day !!

So much experience, so many spells and I could sell on the ones I didn't need/use for a tidy sum... 20,000GP !!

Some people may see that as cheating but it is was completely within the rules of the game.

I do think it is unrealistic though. The poor woman would have turned around and thourght "Where the hell is ALL my stock!"

I do feel guity for putting her out of business and making her unemployed.
Old 07-15-2001, 10:40 AM   #17
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

I done the same with my thief, fair tactic and what good thief wouldn't do the same if he thought he could get away with it. I never sold any scrolls back but I did steal at every opportunity just for the sake of thieving, to keep my hand in so to speak.

The life of a Klepto, it's the only way to go.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 07-15-2001, 07:12 PM   #18
DarkTemplar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Bracers of defence AC3 from Ribald will help a lot, but they may be better used on a mage.

------------------
Those who ph33r the darkness have never seen what the light can do