Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2001, 03:50 PM   #1
Raif Gwydionson
Dungeon Master

Hey everyone, I was wondering if someone would take up the task of creating a custom longsword for me. I've downloaded the appropriate editors and even read several walkthroughs, but to be honest this stuff isn't exaclty my forte and I just haven't been able to figure it out.

So I would be greatful if one of you good computer people would create this for me

Here's the stuff:
-------------------------------------------------

Longsword +3: "Blade of the Heavenly Veil"

This ornate long sword, with it's hilt crafted to resemble angel's wings, was a gift presented to Gwydion Collthorn, a charming rogue of well-repute, for his assistance in the turning of a fallen angel that had defiled an ancient holy ground deep in the Forests of Tethyr.
It's is said that the Angel was cast down to walk the mortal world for his attempts to free a friend who was cast to the depths of hell for reasons unknown. The Angel, feeling betrayed, took residence in a Forest Temple, slaying all those who came to worship his former masters until he would be allowed back into heaven. Collthorn, who came upon the temple, was able to avoid death when he promised to attempt to persuade the gods to allow the Angel re-entrance into the heavens. Using his far-reaching connections, Collthorn persuaded some priest friends to implore the gods to take back the fallen angel. The gods responded with compassion, and the Angel was allowed entrance back into the heavens.
As a reward to Collthorn for his services, the Angel imbued part of his essence within the rogue's longsword, allowing the weilder to assume attributes of an ethereal Angel for short periods of time.

Special Abilities (once per day)
Ability 1:
Effect: Etherealness for 45 seconds
Ability 2:
Effect: Draw Upon Holy Might

Combat Abilities: Sets attack to +1 per round
THAC0: +3 bonus
Damage: 1D8+3
Damage type: slashing
Weight: 4
Speed Factor: 1
Proficiency Type: Long Sword
Type: 1-handed
Requires: 6 Strength
Not Usable by:
non-good characters

------------------------------------

Now im not sure if there is an ethereal spell, but I do know there are Boots of Etherealness, to which I'd like the same effect.

If any of yall can help I'd be your friend for life. If you decide to take up the task, link the file here or send it to contentsky@hotmail.com

Thanks for reading.

------------------
~Raif Gwydionson
Swashbuckler Extraordinaire
oxxx[=============>
Old 05-06-2001, 04:20 PM   #2
Atomizer
Dungeon Master

I can try to do make this for you. I do need to know what you want the weapon to look like in the game, though; the picture that appears in your backpack and the image of the sword in your character's hand. Find a weapon that you want it to look like and tell me.
Old 05-06-2001, 04:22 PM   #3
Raif Gwydionson
Dungeon Master

Thank you Thank you Thank you.

I figure the one i like most is something called The Ras +2
If you can't get that, then a longsword +2 would be fine.

Thnk you thank you thank you.

------------------
~Raif Gwydionson
oxxx[=============>
Old 05-07-2001, 06:47 PM   #4
Atomizer
Dungeon Master

So how is it?

TO OTHER READERS:
For me, everything he specified worked well. My only problem was getting the item description to work; some strange message shows up. Also, when you move your cursor over the special effects' icons in the Use Item menu, you get a similar message. If someone knows how to fix these, then please let me know. (I think it has something to do with 'script calls', but I don't know how to do those.)
Old 05-07-2001, 08:10 PM   #5
Raif Gwydionson
Dungeon Master

I've only been able to try it shortly (finals here at school keeping me away)

Its seems to work ok for the little bit i tried, though the description is some weird dialogue about Viconia (?)

Otherwise it seemed to be working ok.

Again, thank you very much for your help.

------------------
~Raif Gwydionson
oxxx[=============>