Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2002, 06:02 PM   #1
Peytin of Rothmire
Manshoon

I'm on my second trek through the Dale. Since I've been posting I've seen alot about Dalekeeper. I haven't had the notion to use it for anything yet. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with these kinds of programs. But I'm curious if it can change the class and alignment of a character. Here's what I would like to do specifically:

(Minor Spoiler on Dragon's Eye third level)
-
-
-
-
-
I have a party of 4 about to enter the third level of Dragon's Eye(the undead level). My party is:
Dwarf Fighter lev 7
Elf Fighter lev 6/ Thief lev 7
Gnome Fighter lev 6/ Illusionist lev 6

all above of evil alignment

Half-elf Cleric lev 6/ Ranger lev 6
naturally being part ranger, of a good alignment(the anti-ranger arguements I've read on the boards aside, I just have a fondness!)

Will Dalekeeper allow me to change the alignment of my cleric/ranger? I don't have a problem with losing the ranger part as I'll convert to fighter. I used one the first time through and didn't find the extra attack for dualing all that wonderful. The racial enemy isn't that big a deal to me either. Really I'm interested in taking an evil cleric in for the turn undead ability, as I've never used an evil cleric before and what better place than there?
From my BG exp I guess I could just kill a few villagers to lose my ranger status but that won't change my alignment or the turn undead.
Can I do this with Dalekeeper or am I better off just starting a run through with an evil cleric until I level up? I still plan on making a good save and entering with the current party, as I've come this far with them as is already.
Peytin of Rothmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 06:15 PM   #2
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

A simple process. As to whether you'll lose your Ranger status, I cannot say, as I've messed about with Paladins that do not have Lawful Good alignment. It didn't seem to bother anybody. Especially me.

When you open a saved game, each character is accessible. You'll find each character's alignment under the "Characteristics" tab. Change it to whatever you want. If you're worried about the moral issue of doing it, you can edit the character so that s/he is a cleric/fighter, and remove the abilities of the ranger. It isn't too difficult.
Old 10-02-2002, 06:21 PM   #3
Peytin of Rothmire
Manshoon

Thanks Lord Brass. You've convinced me to give it a try.
Old 10-02-2002, 06:25 PM   #4
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

No problem mate. The only thing you might need to be aware of is the changes for spells and innate abilities (to get rid of any Druid spells). You'll see the list when you check it out. It isn't too bad, as you don't get any "innates" in this game the way you do with BG. I only mention this, as I've just b*ggered up Dynaheir in my BG game without even trying!

Don't worry though, as Dalekeeper is an improved version of Gatekeeper, and it stores any changes you've made to a new saved game. That way, if you don't like it you haven't ruined anything.

[ 10-02-2002, 06:26 PM: Message edited by: Lord Brass ]
Old 10-05-2002, 08:06 AM   #5
Peytin of Rothmire
Manshoon

I got it two nights ago. I did go through DE lev 3 with my original party, who didn't have as much trouble as I thought they would. I haven't changed my cleric/ranger over to evil yet. I spent the last two nights going through the item browser to see all the stuff I didn't get the first time through. I'm assuming most of these things are randoms and that's why I didn't find them the first time as I'm generally pretty thorough.
By the way, I don't know if I'm too concerned with the moral issues of an evil ranger. I'll be evil, after all. I may try it both ways.