Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2002, 07:14 PM   #11
MySTified3k
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Having just finished IWD 2 days ago, I have to say it got much better after dragon's eye. I'm no big fan of the dirt tunnel dungeon myself, always have annoyed me... however I LOVE city ruins type areas, so the next area was just awesome and it got better until the very end, which was more BGish (big fights against single inpenetrable magic user). The whole magical protection/remove magical protection/protect against removal of magical protection/remove protection against removal of magical protection bit got REALLY stupid in BG2, I hope to God Icewind Dale 2 doesn't use that inane set of spells, it nearly ruined an otherwise great BG2 game. It did ruin the expansion.

Bianca
MySTified3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 12:18 PM   #12
B1ade
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It definitely does get better [img]smile.gif[/img] The levels coming up are better than Dragon's Eye, and I'm presently trying to finish the final battle of IWD1 for the first time. It's fun and it's nice the developers actually thought out an involved storyline (for anyone who's played Vampire Masquerade, the ending I found ruined an otherwise intriging storyline).
Old 10-04-2002, 06:20 PM   #13
Malavon's Rage
Elminster

my favorite part of IWD is the severed hand then dragons eye. except dragons eye really does suck int the beginning but eventually you might to like it. one of my own favorite parts of the game is killing yxonumai the final part of dragons eye (actually having done so jost ten minutes ago