Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2005, 02:53 PM   #1
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

Well, I found my code key for AvP 2 so I can now play online multiplayer. Anyays, I was just wondering if anyone knew how Icould become an alien queen in the game, I can't seem to figure it out. Oh, and Hive? I found someone in a game who was using your name !
armageddon272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 05:29 AM   #2
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

I didnt think you could play as a queen.....
SOMEONE IS USING MY NAME!?!?!?! I WILL KILL THEM!!!! well maybe in the game anyways... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 04:01 PM   #3
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

You play multiplayer? We ought to play one-on-one. And technically it wasn't your name. you are "Hivetyrant" he was "Hive Tyrant." Just to be safe, what name do you use in multiplayer and how often do you play?
armageddon272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 04:42 PM   #4
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

I have only played once, and that was years ago, so I have a bit of practice to catch up on [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2005, 05:57 PM   #5
Darkman

Yes you can play as a Queen, but only if the server allows it (most servers don't b/c of balance reasons). But if they do, you will have to make a certain amount of consecutive kills (usually ~4) and then you will automatically transform into a Queen. Beware though, in games that allow Queens they almost always allow Exosuits, which can be pretty nasty.

If you're up for a game sometime, drop me a PM. I haven't played in months but I used to play regularly. I will refrain from using sniper rifle and pred pistol in the name of fairness [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2005, 08:37 PM   #6
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Gah, I keep getting killed by some guy who says he uses "Slugs" can someone explain?
My only chance is to molt into a queen
Old 02-26-2005, 06:03 AM   #7
Darkman

Slugs are the armor-piercing rounds for the shotgun. They are pretty effective against the slower moving species of aliens & preds (Predalien, Praetorian & Assault Pred, Heavy Pred), but the faster species (Drone, Runner & Light Pred, Normal Pred) should be quick enough to dodge and close in for the kill.

I highly suggest practicing with all the different races & species/classes. Becoming familiar with each type of character will teach you their strength's and weakness and how to take advantage of them. Although it is possible to dominate with a single type of character time and time again, it usually is easier to switch character types during games to create favorable match-ups or take advantage of map terrain.

As for strategy against a shotgunner, or any good shooter for that matter, make sure that if you are a Drone that you stay in crouch/wall climb mode at all times to limit your profile. Also, never take a straight-arrow approach to anything unless you are so close that you can close the gap with a pounce; if you can move with no discernable pattern the shooter won't know how to lead you and his accuracy will suffer. And don't forget to take advantage of your alienness by using wall climb, pounce, headbite, tail strike, ect. as much as possible. If you run in a straight line and try a normal attack, you will get gunned down. Flank the enemy, close in, and finish him as quick as possible. And don't tarry after a kill (a big newbie mistake) because you will likely already be targeted by someone else.
Old 02-27-2005, 05:30 AM   #8
Darkman

What name do you guys use when you play?

I logged on for a little bit last night and got beat pretty badly. Looks like I'm the one that needs practice
Old 02-27-2005, 05:41 AM   #9
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

I use Hivetyrant, though I have formatted multiple time recently so, when i get the chance I will re-install AVP 2 and patch, then ill go online