Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2006, 01:58 PM   #31
Jorath Calar
Harper

Just got the game yesterday... and it is so cool. Although I don't like how all the merchants are heartless extortionists and that disposition minigame confuses the hell out of me.
I also hate that in the Arena you only seem to fight Female combatants for a long time, I'm up to the rank of Gladiator and think he last 5 opponents have been female... beating women for fun is just not cool... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
The loading times like someone else mentioned, but then again I hardly notice because when playing Halflife 2 and Vampire Bloodlines on my old PC I had to wait 5 minutes for loading times, so it's not much.

By the way I got the Collectors edition... paid $10 more for it... and they had the regular version too... [img]smile.gif[/img]

What I like so far...
Combat... so much better than in Morrowind, you acctually have a chance to block enemies blows.
The graphics are simply awesome, and the physics system too. Really liked it in the Kvatch Oblivion gate, were I killed a Scamp and his body slid down and into the lava... awesome... [img]smile.gif[/img] (bythe way I died in the gate a realised my last save was 2 hours old so I went back and still havn't been too Kvatch yet).

Oh and today I was supposed to go to work but I called in sick to keep playing... calling in sick to play a computer game is something I have not done since the original Baldur's Gate came out... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 01:05 AM   #32
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Like: Mostly everything.

Dislike: There doesn't seem to be any way of precisely placing items in the world. I spent countless hours rearanging clutter in Morrowind. Are houses etc in Oblivion expected to have random clutter patterns?

The npc levelling system seems to place heavy emphasis on either "Powergame" or "Sabotage your skills so that you don't level" approaches. There's no apparent middle ground or "Roleplaying" approach which is where i like to be.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 06:57 AM   #33
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Dislike: 100% spoken dialogue. I was never convinced that it would work for me and now that i've played it, i'm even less convinced. They could've done so much more with 5 gigabytes...
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 08:20 PM   #34
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
I don't like all the tabs
I know, I just can't get used to tabbing instead of right-clicking. It is so irritating when I go to check my map or inventory and just get an insipid swish of my sword because I have right-clicked out of habit [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]I'm glad someone agrees!

What annoyed me most about that is the inventory - I set it to "left shift click" only to discover.. that's the key that's assigned to drop stuff. I had to move it down one to the control key. Mucho annoying. Oh well.

I also don't like how there are no real zoom options on the maps. Especially the close up one. It's too zoomed in, but the other one's too far zoomed out. And sometimes, not enough. I like to get an overview - I can't really, not without the map that came with Oblivion and I don't like using that one.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote