Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2001, 01:29 PM   #1
Savage
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i just started playing again after a long pause
and discovered this nice little forum

now i wonder to how many of you happend this:
after some time of happy slaughtering (til ishad'hna) i suddenly understood the gilde system
and realized that i will never get my characters back to the roles i ever planned
them to be from the beginning...
that was frustrating... but what was even more frustrating was the fact that the
better part of my lovingly stockpiled ankhs has been suddenly disappeared!! (inn bug)
ok that was enough... i decided to rob the stout king except for the bones (and annihilate
all the stouts
invest this unholy fortune in skills and items and restart the whole game...
(with the hope the stout king wont remember my little outrage

i can tell u now he didnt... but i still wonder what would have happened if i
continued playing with the stout mines wasted and robbed... does anybody know?

ahhh yes and of course this bloody toad was blocking the tunnel to shinwicki
so finally i had to exterminate the whole toad population too to get thru
no toad quest anymore no spear no xp u know what i mean

now there is no threat big enough do any harm to my unhumanly mighty bionic killer party
(the mantrap still demands some attention though

and still i do have a tech question:
now i have the patch
but does any1 know how to handle these annoying video glitches i get with my TNT2?
(shrinking the res doesnt help)
i solved the problem before but i cant remember how...

[This message has been edited by Savage (edited 05-15-2001).]
Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2001, 01:40 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

If you restart the game (go to the Options window and hit Reset Adventures) you can start over and go to any role again (except the one you're currently at). May be worth it to get your ankhs back...(I bet that was the Inn that did it, wasn't it?)

The patch should fix that little glitch.

No problem playing the Stout Mines as long as you have your Dragon Armor (at least 1 suit). Also...make sure you get the quest to Kill Raskalion before you actually do so! (Talk to the rats behind the burned-out house and ask about a "job".)

Run the game in Software mode to get rid of video glitches. Sad, but true. It really doesn't take away from the game, IMO.

-Sazerac

Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2001, 04:08 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Savage!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2001, 04:31 PM   #4
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

LOL Great post, Savage! Oh well, Toad Village is for toads anyway!
Welcome to this nice, very nice forum. Keep close and let us know how you are doing. We love to hear newbie adventures. Hope you can fix that glitch you are having. I have heard of other players killing the stout king and then wiping out the mines and they continued the game. But there is a quest from a rat to go there if you want to get the assassin dagger. Did you get this yet?
Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 09:25 AM   #5
Moni

Hello Savage & Welcome to the Forum!

Moni
Old 05-16-2001, 10:01 AM   #6
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Welcome!

------------------
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 07:45 PM   #7
Savage
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hey thank u for the nice welcome folks!
in other forums the users could still learn some more
about netiquettes from this one (most notably 3d-shooter forums

@Sazerac&mammawlin
as for the ratlings... ahm... unfortunately their behaviour was unacceptable... so they are rather
ratpie right now... but i can live without the dagger can i?
or is the opportunity to become an assassin lost forever?
after all im already a proud owner of the dragon armor
u might think now this fellow makes his name his programme
but i must admit i really felt a little bit dirty wiping out the stouts
had to donate some money at the temple to get clear conscience again

and good news from the tech front... i get rid of the video glitches!
only had to install the detonator v12.40 driver and everythings perfect (till now
besides: how can i see if the patch is active? version number somewhere?
because the jathil bug (+750xp everytime) still seems to work... thought the patch would have fixed that!?

now let me tell you how i defeated the lilies:
first i ran like hell...(well to be honest...the first couple of encounters i just died(very fast) and thought
this must be a bug or something then i reached the little lake near of the three hungry bastards...
then a big leap into it just to find out they are hydrophobic!
a couple of Magma Bombs thrown not without pleasure from secure range teached them that plants really are
supposed to be vegetarian
now im about to become a boogre soon very dark chapter of the story... boogres are ugly... after
that i will be at the point where i did the reset... so i will finally enter unexplored territory again wohhooo!

hey! am i right this cursed rat skull is one of these dreaded tempting-but-complete-useless-items
of adventure games ?
like the fuel-less chainsaw in good old 'maniac mansion'... does any1 ever played it?
i loved this game

Sanctus Kerah
Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 08:10 PM   #8
Tananda
Elminster

Savage,
I love you post! telling us so interesting about you adventures! Please, please, be so kind and keep posting
But I think you have lost your chance to be an assassin - it is impossible without the dagger! Why were you so hostile to those poor ratlings?

------------------
Sincerely Yours,
Tanda
Tananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 11:01 PM   #9
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hi Savage! You know I am not certain that the dagger is the only chance to train as an assassin. It seems someone said once there is another way. . .but I can't remember where or when - actually, I could be wrong. Let's see what some others have to say, and in the meantime I will search for threads about the assassins just for good measure. But it doesn't matter if it was the only way because there are so many other role choices and options!! Right!!!

LOL about donating money to clear you consience for killing the stouts! And don't worry about being considered a "savage" its ok to wipe out the guys in the game if you want to. See the Kill, Mame, Destroy thead, you aren't such a bad guy afterall. LOL

Ahhh, Boggres aren't so bad, even though they are really UGLY! The boogre caves is very imaginative and funny too - just come here if you get stuck - oh and watch out for more Lilies in there! Save, save and save.

And YES you are absolutely right about the rat skull - totally useless! And YES, I played Maniac Mansion a long time ago!

*mammawlin smiling* As you can see, we love to hear about your adventures, so keep us informed when you can please. See you later,
Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2001, 11:09 PM   #10
Moni

You need an Assassin's Dagger?
Talk to Wyvern.

Moni

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 05-16-2001).]