Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2003, 11:23 AM   #1
Daggerthorn
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Could someone please tell me which towns and places of interest are added by TOSC? I'm sure it's been discussed before but I sincerely can't find it....and please, no spoilers.
Old 01-01-2003, 11:47 AM   #2
andrewas
Harper

Ulgoths Beard and all the quests you get there are new with TotSC.

Durlag's Tower is also new (it is refered to in standard BG, but you can only go there if you have TotSC).

There are a couple of other areas, but you can only get to them from the Beard, so its pretty obvious which ones they are.
Old 01-01-2003, 08:57 PM   #3
Daggerthorn
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Aha! Thanks! You don't know how long I wasted trying to find Durlags Tower playing the original BG.
I'm starting a new game playing first the original and want to complete it with a paladin. Then I'll start another with maybe a wizard or ranger (haven't decided yet) with TOSC installed. Bear in mind I haven't completed this game yet and had it for ages. Going to persevere this time. [img]graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 01-02-2003, 03:37 PM   #4
Sir Frank
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just a suggestion, why don't you add TotSC to Baldurs Gate before you finish BG? That way you'll have some higher levels and maybe some special equipment in which to finish BG. I did it your way 2 years ago and now I'm intergrating the two games. I'm developing my Fighter/Mage for his transfer to BG2 and ToB. I have read that intergrating BG2 and ToB is also the way to go.
Sir Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 06:08 AM   #5
Grungi
Banned User

put it like this, if you can beat durlags and then aec'letec and ww island then sarevok is sword fodder [img]smile.gif[/img]
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2003, 06:36 AM   #6
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

if nothing else, installing TotSC fixes a few bugs and also makes unidentified items have a blue background so you can easily tell magic item from non-magic items. trust me you want this feature. I just gave my old BG1 to my little brothers and 1 of them found a mace +1 and sold it unidentified for 1 Gold. he didn't know it was magic. The other brother found the same mace in his game, identified it and sold it for (IIRC) 120 Gold.

also, why wait ? you can always just *not do* the TotSC areas on your first run through. there is no reason at all the hold off installing it if you have it