Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2003, 10:39 AM   #1
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

My current character is a thief in the purest sense of the word-- I sneak, spell or sleeze my way past obsticles. But i'm having some trouble with this spell. Whenever i usually cast invisibility, it's 100% effective. But i'm at a point in the main quest where there is a certain burial chambers filled with skeletons who keep shooting me whilst i'm invisible. And the bastards are hitting me every time! How is this possible? I don't recall any spells of 'detect invisibility' in the game. Even when coupled with chameleon (40-70%) and sneak they can still shoot me. Any ideas on what i'm doing wrong?
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 12:01 PM   #2
PufferFish
The Magister

I've had the same problem with a few people, i believe that there are just some guys who can see through invisibility, like Lord Vivec
Old 05-10-2003, 12:43 PM   #3
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Skeletons, having no physical eyes only eye sockets, obviously must possess some other means of optical input. The option some form of spiritual sight. While invisibility successfully hides and signs of your physical presence, your spirit is still plainly visible to those who are sensitive to such things.
Then again I could be completely wrong.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 12:52 PM   #4
B_part
Quintesson

Maybe they use a detect creature spell, and you are a creature after all. Or there may be an anti magic zone (is that possible?)
But it's kinda strange that they can see you even when sneaking...sneaking is an ability, not a spell.

Well, kill them all and forget about that disturbing sight of theirs [img]graemlins/evillaughter1.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2003, 04:48 PM   #5
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I never notice, I thought only high level npc/monsters can see through invisibility. which burial chambers do you mean?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 08:06 AM   #6
HammerHead
Zhentarim Guard

Maybe I'm wrong, but I've noticed that especially vampires are harder to sneak up to than most other creatures. It seems like they have a very high perception and that could be the same for all undead creatures.

Don't know if vampires are counted as undead though.

C
Old 05-11-2003, 10:37 AM   #7
Sever

Quote:
Originally posted by B_part:
Well, kill them all and forget about that disturbing sight of theirs [img]graemlins/evillaughter1.gif[/img]
Tsk tsk, i'm a thief. A good one (or so i thought). I shouldn't have to kill them. The only things i do kill are baddies that have to die to further the quest. Strange? Maybe. But at least i'm roleplaying.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Old 05-11-2003, 11:01 AM   #8
Sever

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
I never notice, I thought only high level npc/monsters can see through invisibility. which burial chambers do you mean?
Urshilaku. The quest to retrieve the bonebiter bow from sul matuul's old boy.

I've been back since and tested a few theories. It seems that the skeletons can't see through your invisibility if you cast it out of their line of sight. (Stick to this and all is well.) If you are revealed to them and then turn invisible, they can see through it about 50% of the time. If you reveal yourself in a room with three or more of them and you successfully cast it, they'll see through it 100% of time. Chameleon doesn't appear to increase your chances, although the spell i'm using is only 70% magnitude. Sneaking doesn't help much either.

I've only tested this in that particular area but i'm assuming that it's the same for all skeletons and perhaps other types of undead as well. Maybe they are programmed to have ESP. Anyone else found something similar?
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Old 05-11-2003, 04:30 PM   #9
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I have 30% chameleon and 100 sneak. I can successfully sneak there without them noticing me. I can even snipe at them without them know it's coming. and yes, it's in Urshilaku.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 07:45 PM   #10
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Now that you mention it Sever, it does sound familiar. I thought it occurred outside the Bonebiter quest as well though. Maybe its only the undead that notice you, but I thought that other creatures did too - something about casting invisibility in front of them that negates the spell I thought. Perhaps not. Trouble is, when it happens, you're normally too busy trying to stay alive to notice what might have got you killed in the first place.