Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2001, 11:29 AM   #1
Htryer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Okay this is in regards to the unseeing eye quest. Basically i fucked up and said i would go get the rod ot become part of the guild but then just killed the guild and the GIANT beholder(not the one across the bridge) that was in the guild. After killing these men at the entrance all of the men in the cults lair went hostile towards me and started attacking me.

Jelly, since everyone was hostile i couldnt talk to this guy by the pit and i think he ran from me or attacked me either way he is disappered. Is there another way to get down there?

If there is no other way to get down to the beholders lair could someone tell me what i missed down there? i mean what items are down there that i couldve got?
Htryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 12:10 PM   #2
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

WELCOME TO THE FORUM, HTRYER!!!

One quick quibble - this is a family-oriented site, so please try not to use profanity. Thanks, we all appreciate it.

Now, for your question.
MINOR SPOILER
You only missed one item, but it is a pretty nice one. It's a +3 Halberd called Dragonsbane. Halberd's do good damage by themselves, but this one does double damage against evil dragons - like FIRKRAAG.

So you may want to re-load and try again or - since you DID kill all the hostiles in the dungeon - you may feel justified in using the CLUAConsole to Create the Dragonsbane Halberd.

The item does come in handy against FIRKRAAG and the Shadow Dragon, but you can defeat them without it.

Either way, it's up to you.
Old 12-07-2001, 01:19 PM   #3
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

I would have to agree with Cerek, if you completed the quest and didn't get the experience for completing the rod, just reboot a previous save. That way you can go back and get the rest of the treasure and experience.

I'm confused, I saw your post at little bit ago about the door you couldn't open. If you completed the bottom of the Unseeing Eye, you have to exit through that door. How did you get out?
Mitro Jellywadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 01:30 PM   #4
Htryer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I never had to get out of the beholder pit because i never got into it. So the secrete door is the exit form the beholder pit, hmm, is there anyway to open the door from this side so that i could do the beholder pit. I mena is it that u find a key in the pit that lets you open this door. Could i perhaps spawn the key and enter the pit from the exit jsut so i could get into the pit?

Are you sure the halbred +3 is all i missed cause my friend said something about gloves of dexerity or something that you get from a toture chair. He hadnt jsut done it so wasnt to sure as to where he got them but was pretty sur eit was somewhere down this pit.

How good are Halbred in general i mean my fighter now uses two handed swords would it be worth while to make a fighter using halbred they seemed kinda slow to me before. anyhow this is jsut kinda a FYM (for my inforamtion) not a big deal. thanks guys for your help so far.
I mainly wanted ot kow if it was possible to spawn the key so i could enter the beholder pit through the exit if it is even a key that opens the door.
Old 12-07-2001, 01:46 PM   #5
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by Htryer:
I never had to get out of the beholder pit because i never got into it. So the secrete door is the exit form the beholder pit, hmm, is there anyway to open the door from this side so that i could do the beholder pit. I mena is it that u find a key in the pit that lets you open this door. Could i perhaps spawn the key and enter the pit from the exit jsut so i could get into the pit?

Are you sure the halbred +3 is all i missed cause my friend said something about gloves of dexerity or something that you get from a toture chair. He hadnt jsut done it so wasnt to sure as to where he got them but was pretty sur eit was somewhere down this pit.

How good are Halbred in general i mean my fighter now uses two handed swords would it be worth while to make a fighter using halbred they seemed kinda slow to me before. anyhow this is jsut kinda a FYM (for my inforamtion) not a big deal. thanks guys for your help so far.
I mainly wanted ot kow if it was possible to spawn the key so i could enter the beholder pit through the exit if it is even a key that opens the door.

Spoilers
Okay. That explains some of it. You didn't do the Ghoul Lords or any of that right?

If you've killed everyone, you're definitely going to go back to a previous save. Talk to Gaal. He will give you Gaal's Key. Proceed to the area with the lich, talk to Sassar (blind guy near the liches tomb) and he will send you to the Rift Dungeon. (Directly to the left of where you are.)

This is where you go fight the beholder and gauths by the bridge. Talk to the Avatar in the temple and get his half of the rod. Leave and go back to talk to Sassar (the blind guy by the lich). He will send you to the left side of the cult area. Talk to Tad and give him the password. (The eye is blind.) Tad will open up a passage to go to Ghoul Town. Wipe them out (Skin of the Dead +4 and Gauntlets of Dexterity) then exit the area to the east.

This puts you in the Lower Reaches. In the center of the area is a blind priest ambush..Be ready. There are several Gauths and Beholders in this area also. The Dragonsbane +3 is in the Northern room. The second rift piece is in the southeast room. Once you assemble the rod and kill the Unseeing Eye, return to the Avatar for some experience and Saving Grace +3. Might as well kill Gaal and his buddies, then return to the temple that sent you for some more experience and Ardulia's Fall +1.

That should get you through.
Old 12-07-2001, 03:55 PM   #6
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

quote:
How good are Halbred in general i mean my fighter now uses two handed swords would it be worth while to make a fighter using halbred they seemed kinda slow to me before.

I wouldn't waste more than 1 proficiency slot on them. I gave the Dragonsbane to Keldorn and he was able to use it relatively well against FIRKRAAG. At 13+ level, the -2 penalty for non-proficiency shouldn't be much of a problem for a fighter. There is another Halberd in the game that is +4, but it is only effective against a certain category of creatures that aren't that tough to begin with.

So, spend 1 slot (at most) if you want to eliminate the penalty. Otherwise, pump up your 2-hand proficiency another slot. They do similiar damage and there are a much better choice of magical swords than halberds.
Old 12-07-2001, 05:52 PM   #7
Htryer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I CANT I DONT HAVE A PREVIOUS SAVE!!!!!!
ahhhhhhh
Well anyhow thanks for the help next time through i will know what i am doing, i dont have alot of patience and if someone gives me the choice of killing people or becoming their friends then killing them i most likely will jsut kill them. Like i said thanks alot though. Ah, so the way that you exit from the beholders lair is that secrete door i coudnt get by. It doesnt take a key to open does it? or is it jsut that u need to open it from inside? If it takes a key is tere a way i could spawn it? i mean does anyone know where i could get the code. or there isnt a way i can spawn that guy tad is there?
Old 12-07-2001, 05:56 PM   #8
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

quote:
I CANT I DONT HAVE A PREVIOUS SAVE!!!!!!
ahhhhhhh
Well anyhow thanks for the help next time through i will know what i am doing, i dont have alot of patience and if someone gives me the choice of killing people or becoming their friends then killing them i most likely will jsut kill them. Like i said thanks alot though. Ah, so the way that you exit from the beholders lair is that secrete door i coudnt get by. It doesnt take a key to open does it? or is it jsut that u need to open it from inside? If it takes a key is tere a way i could spawn it? i mean does anyone know where i could get the code. or there isnt a way i can spawn that guy tad is there?

Actually I think Cntr + ??? something can spawn Tad back in. I've never had to do it, so sorry I couldn't help ya...We play about the same way, when I get irritated, I usually kill them.

Helpful hint...multiple saves. Good luck.