Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2002, 08:59 PM   #1
Static
Elite Waterdeep Guard

She is just down right mean!! I've taken to fighting her in the hallways, but all those lizard dudes and her are kicking my a**!!

death scroll didn't work, negate magic didn't work,& meteor and lightning spells seem to glance off of her like a mosquito.

Well thats not exactly true, I can get her hit points into the red before I see red & my guys drop off like flies.

Is there any spells that softens her up?
Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 09:21 PM   #2
Static
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think I'm going to revert the game back to the Ishad N'ha- I Didn't make it past The naga with all my characters breathing & not enough stone to flesh potions. I'm going to learn that spell first & then have another go at it. For Elyssa I need more people than what I have.

I found only one stone to flesh potion with none to buy in the town, where would I find at least one more?
Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 09:28 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Sounds like a good plan, Static!

Also - when you do confront her, don't wait for her to finish her little speech. Gosh, you don't need to wait for her to talk at all. Just use your control key so you can target her and do so from way back up in the hallway. It'll take her and the emerging lizardmen some time to even get to you - giving you time to get rid of some of them! In the hall, they can only come at you one at a time!

Area spells are real useful!

Good Luck!!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 11:54 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Remember... (trying to recall the Best Tips thread)...

You can use Kerielle's Elixir on the Naga (is that Elyssa or Xydusa?) to put her to sleep so you can get past. You can then finish off the other one with area spells (*storm, and so on). For low levels, I like flamedrop -- they can't attack back when they're in it.

The priests are an issue, for sure. One thing to remember is that they're fond of sending locust swarms at you. You can sidestep those, or move out of them, but that's pretty difficult in those narrow staircases. Best to have lots of healing potions and someone whose job it is to keep applying them.

It's all a game of tactics and strategy, to be sure. And with the right approach, you can go in there and wipe them out.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 04:45 PM   #5
D*one
Manshoon

Static,

When I first came across elyssa, this is what i did. As I entered the room, when you get to the doorway and you barely see elyssa, start attacking the priests. As soon as they are done, you can look in the chests that are by the door way in the seating area. then proceed down, but just when you get close enough to target her, start slaming her with your magic and in a few short sec. you have a fried snake priestess at your feet.

Hope this helps you out. I must note however, that there might be more than one entrence into the dome/theater where she is hanging out.

Peace and goodluck [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 02-14-2002: Message edited by: D*one ]

D*one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 08:24 PM   #6
koolaidfreeservecouk
The Magister

Do not forget that as well as extremely unsubtle 'blasting spells' there are plenty of support spells which bolster your characters and dramatically increase their powers.

I sugeest casting 'toughen' on 'weak' characters. 'Haste' on all chracters. 'Bless' and 'heroic might' on fighters, as well as 'Merlin's Shield' and reflect damage' if possible.

then whack Elyssia out in melee, steel on steel, glory and honour await.

Mentally yours,
Si
koolaidfreeservecouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 05:08 PM   #7
paret
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hi yes i wiped out the priests first in the hallway (blast them), then i went for her full on did not even let her talk just attacked her. she was mince meat quick.
paret is offline   Reply With Quote