Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2004, 01:39 AM   #151
Chewbacca
Zartan

I smoke tobacco for many of the same reasons I smoke other plants. I enjoy it. At times there is a spiritual, ritualistic aspect to smoking. I enjoy the buzz I get in the morning from it. It is a mental stimulant and has always been an ally in my creative endeavors.

Quitting tobaaco can be fun too, due to the withdrawal symptoms. No expirience is like nicotine withdraws! I have quit for a few months and restarted several times during my 20 year career ingesting tobacco.

I have no fear of death, my time will come as appointed in the annuals of forever. Suffering is temporal, so if smoking causes me that, it too will pass.

I dont smoke indoors where it is not welcome and I even step away from the door or sidewalk when smoking in public. If a non-smoker is around me when I smoke it is because they choose to be in that area. No one can gripe that my smoking causes them anything they could have avoided.

I do wish that a compromise could be reached, where places can have a seperate, ventilated smoking area. It does get cold, and it is difficult to sit and relax while having a smoke if it is raining or snowing.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:35 AM   #152
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

aparrently smoking weed is not as bad for you as to cigarettes. you can at least cough up stuff that might bother you, but cigarettes have permanent damage.

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM
Old 12-03-2004, 11:54 AM   #153
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by burnzey boi:
aparrently smoking weed is not as bad for you as to cigarettes. you can at least cough up stuff that might bother you, but cigarettes have permanent damage.
What the hell are you talking about? You don't just cough hash up after you smoke it!

I personally have no qualms with smoking. I don't smoke myself (although I have on occassion) and I don't have a problem with being around smokers, since I have a few friends who smoke. I personally would never start full time smoking as when you are not a smoker you can see the money you save etc. and can justify to yourself that their is no need to start (not that you necessarily have to justify not smoking)
Old 12-03-2004, 04:55 PM   #154
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
How do you cough it up ? And what makes you wanna cough it up in the first place ?

Please DO enlighten me.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:49 PM   #155
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
How do you cough it up ? And what makes you wanna cough it up in the first place ?

Please DO enlighten me.
[/QUOTE]THC does cause your air sacs in the lungs to expand, which leads to coughing, though the main cause of coughing is hot, harsh smoke on the throat and windpipe. Either way, smoking the herb can still cause lung damage ( duh, smoking anything can cause lung damage) and ganja smoke does have similiar properties as tobacco but the theory is you wont smoke as much herb as frequently as a you would ciggarettes so the impact would not be as severe. Using a vaporizer asan imbibing method is one way to avoid the smoke, yet still get a toke.
Old 12-03-2004, 06:55 PM   #156
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Thanks Chewie, but i wasn't asking you.

We should have never given Wookies equal rights.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:27 PM   #157
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Geez, long and popular thread or what?! Anybody catch cancer yet?
Old 12-03-2004, 08:53 PM   #158
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

The other thing that bothers me is that we do have a smoking area at work. It's in a good spot, but many people, for no reason have to smoke elsewhere. This means that those areas are littered with cigarette butts.
It's gross and lacks common courtesy for others and the enviroment. I wish the cops would swing by and hit everybody with a littering fine.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:18 PM   #159
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Dude, all unlikliness of anyone ever 'coughing up stuff that might bother them' aside, if marijuana smoke bothers you you can always just bake it into cookies or a cake. The buzz lasts longer and hits you stronger, and it spares your lungs a considerable amount of fumigation. Verily, baking is the method of champions [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 12-03-2004, 09:46 PM   #160
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

another bad thing about smoking, your walls might turn yellow because of the chemicals. im just wondering if you are in that room for a long time u might still get lung cancer.

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM