Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2003, 08:38 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

When I lived in Mexico, I used to entertain the kids with magic tricks. I wore a long-sleeved overcoat alot dring the winter and rainy seasons and one of my favorite tricks was the disappearing coin trick. I would snap my finger and the coin would shoot up my sleeve, only to be pulled from behind a kid's ear. Then I got tricky with them by doing one coin in each hand, and even was able to snap the coin behind my back to land in my other open hand, which impressed many adults as well.

Well, I decided that kids were too easy to trick, and wanted to try my hand at adults. This included prepping by asking to use the bathroom first, before they knew I would do a trick, getting a small piece of tissue paper and wetting it, and sticking behind my ear. During the trick, I would reach up seemingly just to scratch and grab at the small tissue. I would conceal this in my hand as I grabbed a coin and professed to be able to mash water from a coin. When I moved the tissue into place and sqeezed the coin, water dripped and even adults were impressed...but then I learned one that was fantastic that nobody could ever beat. I have forgotten it now, and was hoping that somebody would recognize this one and reteach it to me.

What you need is two shoe laces and three spools of thread with the holes in the spools. In front of the person, you perform the slight of hand, by getting their attention and telling them that they are going to be tricked in front of thier eyes and that you will use only these items belonging to them as props instead of you own stuff. While you are talking to them, each time their eyes look up at you, you are holding the strings and threading them through the spools, but when they look at you and not the spools, you do a quick move and switch the strings around somehow. When you put them together, you have the three spools threaded onto the two shoe laces. You allow the person to tug at them, and they discover that they cannot remove the spools. Then you cross the threads as though you were tying a shoe, then hold the spools out for the person. The person grabs the spools and they ocme off in his hand from the threads, and then they piss thier pants.

Does anyone know this one to remind me how to cross the stings?

Do you know other tricks that are just as fun?

No card tricks, please. I don't care for them...but you can still post them for others on this forum if you would like to.