Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you THINK will be the fate of Saddam?
Execution 21 48.84%
Interigation 22 51.16%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-15-2003, 12:58 AM   #21
uss
20th Level Warrior

I think it'd be best if they would executute him, the Iraqi authorities, not American. Then it would be absolutely sure that he's done with. One shouldn't care if what awaits him in the afterlife is enough big of a punishment to him, just know he's gone.

I don't really want to see him die a painful, horrible death or anything. Him bearing the thought that he has failed is enough for me.

By the way, what happened to that minister guy, who was so sure they'd win?
Old 12-15-2003, 04:21 AM   #22
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
I think it'd be best if they would executute him, the Iraqi authorities, not American. Then it would be absolutely sure that he's done with. One shouldn't care if what awaits him in the afterlife is enough big of a punishment to him, just know he's gone.

I don't really want to see him die a painful, horrible death or anything. Him bearing the thought that he has failed is enough for me.

You mean Baghdad Bob ? He wasn't on the list of "most wanted". They let him go, he's walking around freely. Honestly, would you punish a comedian like him ? Even when the tanks where in his line of sight, he was still smiling for the camera, and telling the reporters there was no need to worry, everything was under control.

Btw, i hear he posts in the Oasis nowadays. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2003, 04:54 AM   #23
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
The last I've heard was some TV channel wanna hire him as their news reader. Don't know whether he took the job or not.
Old 12-15-2003, 07:29 AM   #24
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
You mean Baghdad Bob ? He wasn't on the list of "most wanted". They let him go, he's walking around freely. Honestly, would you punish a comedian like him ? Even when the tanks where in his line of sight, he was still smiling for the camera, and telling the reporters there was no need to worry, everything was under control.

Btw, i hear he posts in the Oasis nowadays. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
You sound as though you know him Johnny [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 12-15-2003, 07:40 AM   #25
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
To speak with Bob's own words, "don't believe them, none of that is true".
Old 12-15-2003, 08:30 AM   #26
ryaldin
Elminster

I think it would be unwise for the United States or any other United Nations body to proclaim punishment for Saddam. Only by allowing the people of Iraq to express their thoughts on what fair punishment for Saddam should be, can they truly put his regime to rest. It has to be a movement of the people. Now how to implement this...well that's another matter altogether. A mass vote, would see fair, but how to organize that, would be difficult to decide. A trial by a jury of his former subjects? O.k., but who is selected to be on the panel of jurymembers? Baathists? U.S. supporters? The country is deeply divided, but the way in which the prosecution of Hussein is handled, could just as easily become an olive branch, as it could a foreign crisis.
Old 12-15-2003, 08:32 AM   #27
uss
20th Level Warrior

Hehe yeah, he was one heck of a comedian. Now imagine if he'd make his own talkshow, he'd become very popular, I'm sure. It's time for the Late Night Baghdad-Bob Show!

By the way, today morning's Estonian newspaper Postimees had a funny picture(they do it every once in a while) of a family of 3 and a dialogue. Translation:

Father: "But that's Karl Marx.."

Mother: "Fidel Castro.."

Child: "They arrested Santa!"

Old 12-15-2003, 08:57 AM   #28
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:

By the way, today morning's Estonian newspaper Postimees had a funny picture(they do it every once in a while) of a family of 3 and a dialogue. Translation:

Father: "But that's Karl Marx.."

Mother: "Fidel Castro.."

Child: "They arrested Santa!"

Now that IS funny [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 12-15-2003, 03:30 PM   #29
Oblivion437
Baaz Draconian

Question Mark

Kittens the militia must be having aside, this is definitely a spot of good news in a sordid affair. We'll know the truth, finally, to total equivicality.
Old 12-15-2003, 06:46 PM   #30
Sythe
Ra

Since everyone is happy I thought it'd be the right time to show this

P.S. Yes I know I showed this before. But it's nice if you can have a second laugh right?

[ 12-15-2003, 06:49 PM: Message edited by: Sythe ]