Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2003, 04:07 PM   #1
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

(In jest) This guy said he would beat me up. Simple enough. But theres two things to it. He is four years below me in school, but he's a blackbelt in karate. Now I dont think he'd last 10 seconds, but he says differently. Just out of curiousity... How effective is karate?
Old 06-09-2003, 04:13 PM   #2
MagiK

Punch him in the nose and find out [img]smile.gif[/img]

Edit: Many a black belt has gotten his butt kicked in a bar fight.

[ 06-09-2003, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 06-09-2003, 04:16 PM   #3
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

Punch him in the nose and find out [img]smile.gif[/img]

Edit: Many a black belt has gotten his butt kicked in a bar fight.
Thats what I thought [img]tongue.gif[/img] He may be able to swirl around a bit like a fariy but if I crushed his nose whats he gonna do [img]tongue.gif[/img] So I was right first time then
Old 06-09-2003, 04:21 PM   #4
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Ain't not much that can withstand a broken bottle, that's for sure [img]tongue.gif[/img] *Kaltia, who keeps a brick in her schoolbag and a broken bottle in her PE kit*. (Makes PE a real blast. Don't think you're running fast enough? have some glass shards in your shorts! There is a reason I never do any PE any more [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) Actually...If he's a black belt, he'd know that karate is self-defence and about not STARTING fights, so he probably isn't. Unless I'm mistaken, you get the black belt once you haved proved that a) You're a good fighter b) You have the right personality for it. As in, not, "I wil beat you up with my sup3r karat3 sk1775!"

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 06-09-2003, 04:26 PM   #5
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Well are you sure he has one?Maybe he is just blafing.But anyway do not underastiamte the guy.But you can have black belt in Karate but if you do not train hard then it is(almost) usless. I mean i knew a friend hwo had/have a black belt but i kicked his ass,becuase he did not train. Now he does.

Old 06-09-2003, 04:27 PM   #6
Lovisa
Manshoon

Black belt huh? how old is this guy? It takes alot of practicing to get black belt, many years of training. You sure he has a black belt. Well anyway I'm with MagiK punch him on the nose that hurts or in the stomach so he loses his breath
Old 06-09-2003, 04:29 PM   #7
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

Yeah... there is no reason to overlook black belt though. [img]smile.gif[/img] Them may know a move or two to defend themselves and make surprising moves. I guess, though, that you can see his true abilites just by looking at him.. black belt is nothing to be really proud about.
Old 06-09-2003, 04:41 PM   #8
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by NiceWorg:
Yeah... there is no reason to overlook black belt though. [img]smile.gif[/img] Them may know a move or two to defend themselves and make surprising moves. I guess, though, that you can see his true abilites just by looking at him.. black belt is nothing to be really proud about.

Yes,it is just a belt. It doesn`t mean anything. My friend kicked somebody`s ass on the training but my friend had brown belt and that other guy had black one. So you see the belt doesn˛`t mean anything. You have to be creative too.
Old 06-09-2003, 04:49 PM   #9
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Creative is my middle name I actually fight with my best friend alot. Not normal play fighting, we do it with weapons. Chairs and music stands are a favourite. But as soon as one says surrender we stop, or when falls down we stop. And I always win. Yea, this kids lil and scrawny. I just didnt want to say "shut up" and then have him rip my heart out and let me see it before i die
Old 06-09-2003, 05:17 PM   #10
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

i think having a black belt only means you know certain stances or something, not that your any good at fighting at all.
and i think i heard that in the orient, having a black belt means you are at the start of the path to becoming a warrior, not the end like it is thought of in america.