Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2003, 12:38 PM   #11
MagiK

Mankind lived for thousands of years before he invented ways to track time, he invented ways to track time because he got smart enough to know that he is better off knowing what time it is than not.

Life without time is only like living in Hawaii if you actually LIVE in Hawaii, if however you live in Fairbanks Alaska, things are quite a bit different.

Personally, on those occasions when I lived without time keeping devices (like when I am on vacation) I tend to get very lazy and procrastinationy, I prefer to know how much time I have...

Old 06-09-2003, 12:58 PM   #12
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

ok you have all made a point [img]smile.gif[/img] still it is nice to have it like hawai for at least a month [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2003, 04:51 PM   #13
Lovisa
Manshoon

Sorry to say this dude but u post the most boring and unneccesary posts ever! If u had though a little more of this "time-issue" you would have come up with the answer urself or can't ur brain do that? Sorry for bein rude dude [img]tongue.gif[/img] but friends have to be honest with eachother
Old 06-09-2003, 05:05 PM   #14
MagiK

And yet the lad has 13 replies thus far [img]smile.gif[/img]

Oh and Pssst....your heart is partof your body [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-10-2003, 01:35 PM   #15
Lovisa
Manshoon

Ha, ha very funny with the hart thing, but c'mon u know what I mean dude...atleast I sure hope so otherwise... [img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img]
Old 06-10-2003, 04:05 PM   #16
The Lilarcor
Elminster

Lets look at what time really is. Lets take a day, we have days because its 1 rotation of the eart on its axis. Taking the newly found day and splitting it into 24, we have hours. So a 24th a day is an hour. We do the same with minutes and seconds. So basically a second is the distance the earth has traveled, basically its traveled 1/86400 the distance of a usual day. A year is how long it takes the Earth to Rotate the sun.
With the cat, for one they think we are their slaves, so she misses her slave, but back on topic, animals have a sort of semblence of time in one way or another. The cat knows when you have been gone 5 minutes and when you have been gone an entire day, by the positions of the sun. Migratory birds know instinctively when it is time to migrate.

Time is a creation of man to organize ourselves and things. If for some reason Earth and Mars switched places, we'd have to re-organize time as from what I read, it takes about 30 earth hours for 1 day in mars.

Sorry for sounding so serious
Old 06-10-2003, 04:47 PM   #17
MagiK

What is time? Time is the fire in which our lives burn.

Old 06-10-2003, 04:58 PM   #18
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Time is how an observer measures the rate of change in the physical universe. Now try to imagine a theoretical event that caused the whole of the multiverse to go cease changing such as total entropy. Would time still exist if nothing ever changed???

Don't blame me if your brain melts [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Old 06-10-2003, 05:00 PM   #19
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

What is time? Time is the fire in which our lives burn.
Blade Runner if I'm not mistaken.
Old 06-10-2003, 10:16 PM   #20
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Rokenn:
Blade Runner if I'm not mistaken.

Actually Soren to Picard in a Star Trek Movie....title escapes me at the moment [img]smile.gif[/img]