Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2003, 07:59 PM   #31
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
We wear school uniforms. Unfortunatly now you have to have *every* detail right, the shorter skirt, the right "in" lipgloss and clear nail varnish, the right amount of make-up (The "barely there" look) and the right perfume and accent. If you can't bring your Versache bag, then you can obssess about lips I guess
Yeah, I figured that would happen. I found the idea of school uniforms good in principle - dressing all school kids the same so that no one is ostracised because their parents cannot afford the right brands is great, but the problem is as you described - people will find something else the worry about fashionwise like make up or accessories.
[/QUOTE]Mel you trendsetter!

I actually found that this didn't really happen. We weren't allowed to wear makeup (overtly anyway) and I dunno, maybe we were just different but there just wasn't an obvious money/no money, brand name/no brand name divide in my school. I remember that it was pretty cool to have a Country Road bag (which actually weren't that expensive), but if you didn't have one, it didn't matter. Perhaps it was there and I was just oblivious to it. Mustn't have been very important then