Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2005, 06:12 AM   #11
Lavindathar
Harper

Update:

Supposed incedents at Swindon & Brighton. All train stations are closed down in these two towns.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:13 AM   #12
Lavindathar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Aragorn1:
quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
Any chance this is to do with London getting the Olympics for 2012? And, as we know, the London Underground was a key component of that bid.

Coincedence that this has been bombed the day after? Depending on the damage, it might have to be moved to a different country.

Like France.
I thought about the olympic bid, but i couldn't think who would do it for that. Maybe the terrorists just chose it to give extra publicity. [/QUOTE]French renegades?

If our Underground is totally destroyed, we will lose the Olympics!

6 Explosions so far...5 on the underground, 1 on the DD Bus.

[ 07-07-2005, 06:20 AM: Message edited by: Lavindathar ]
Old 07-07-2005, 06:21 AM   #13
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

I can see your reasoning, but its just so extreme, still, who can understand what any of these guys think.

I hope it is someone like Al-Qaeda, odd as it may sound, i would hate to think the troubles were starting again. At least we know that Al Qaeda are trying to attack us, it would be awful if the Irish were responsibile, espcecially with things seemingly so stable over there.
Aragorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 06:23 AM   #14
Lavindathar
Harper

Ok, I'm worried. Been trying for the last two hours to get ahold of my Uncle & Aunt.

Both use the Underground to get to work, as they live near the centre so they don't have cars.

Chances are they are ok, but it has to happen to someone.

My uncle is a builder, so I don't know where he was going today. No-one is at home, and I can't connect to his mobile.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:26 AM   #15
Lavindathar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Aragorn1:
I can see your reasoning, but its just so extreme, still, who can understand what any of these guys think.

I hope it is someone like Al-Qaeda, odd as it may sound, i would hate to think the troubles were starting again. At least we know that Al Qaeda are trying to attack us, it would be awful if the Irish were responsibile, espcecially with things seemingly so stable over there.
I agree completely!

After the Warrington incedent & the Arndale Centre bombings, I really hope it ain't the Irish! Thought that was over and done with!

It'll either be French Terrorists or Al-Q. I doubt the IRA will have anything to do with this, they've been quiet in England for a good couple of years now.

But, it might be any of them. I'd also rather it be Al-Q tho.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:26 AM   #16
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Just watching this too, trying to get hold of my mate who's there at the moment. Plus another friend left to go back to London today!

Hope all our Londoners check in here ASAP.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 06:26 AM   #17
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

May be just stuck on the tube. That would be why the mobile isn't working. I saw somewhere that there were some trains stuck. Hope things work out ok.
Aragorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 06:27 AM   #18
Charlie
Lord Ao

Yeah Charlie's fine cheers Aragorn. Others like Donut, Lanesra and Epona also live in London, hopefully they'll be fine too.

On a personal level I doubt this has to do with 2012.

Watching it live as I write. One eyewitness reports seeing dead bodies laying by the side of the underground train tracks and others injured without limbs.

A "government source" has talked of 20 dead.
[img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/england1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />One Love, Peace. [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/pissr.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/piss.gif\" alt=\" - \" />
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 06:29 AM   #19
Zink Whistlefly

Try not to worry at this point Lavindathar - all the phone networks are currently down due to massive overload, lots of people are struggling to get hold of their loved ones!
Zink Whistlefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 06:29 AM   #20
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Can confirm Donut, Lanesra and Sir Tainly (last is stuck at work in London though and can't get home) are all OK - just spotted them in places or talked on MSN - not seen anything of Epona yet