Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2005, 12:49 PM   #121
Bithron
Baaz Draconian

While I'm not from England, I wish quick recovery for those with wounds, I wish peace for the souls of the dead, I wish quick recovery for England and all of Europe from this terrible,
evil and horrible terrorist action, and finally, I wish a terrible fate for those guilty of terrorism all over the world...

Peace to you all...
Old 07-07-2005, 01:02 PM   #122
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Gah... how horrible. I remember riding the Kings Cross to Russell Square tube probably 100+ times. That bit stays VERY crowded. To think -- how horrible. Our thoughts are with you guys. Thanks to the London members for checking in.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:05 PM   #123
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Charlie:
The Union Jack over Buckingham Palace is flying at half mast.

I've been unable to keep up with the news at work so I popped in here to see how things are going.

Donut, Lanesra, Charlie, Lav etc.. thanks for the info from your news sources and thanks TL for that last post... this is a sad day for us all but you folks in London have our thoughts with you as you pick up the pieces and put lives back on track.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:26 PM   #124
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Wishing wellness and safety to all who live in London.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 02:09 PM   #125
Sigmar
Unicorn

My brother's ok, he decided not to ride the tube to work today.

Find the bastards reponsible for this, hang them high and let them burn in hell.

The Olympic Bid is nothing but a "happy" coincidence, these people being the ignorant selfish morons that they are were striking out against the G8, against freedom, debt relief, and everything that is good for the world, our world.
Sigmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 03:26 PM   #126
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

The driver of the bombed bus (when the top deck was blown off into a nearby office, said to be the most likely explosion perpetrated by a suicide bomber, or possibly a bomber on his way to the underground) has survived and is well enough to be giving information to the police. But at least 2 from the bus are dead.
Morgeruat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 05:54 PM   #127
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Death toll is reported at over 38 now.

My take is that the bombers waited until all of the security attention was taken up by the G8 summit, and planned the attacks for today to capitalise on the lull.

It also has the benefit of undermining the progress of the talks.
Dace De'Briago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 07:32 PM   #128
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
The Olympic Bid is nothing but a "happy" coincidence, these people being the ignorant selfish morons that they are were striking out against the G8, against freedom, debt relief, and everything that is good for the world, our world.
The world's changed within the last ten years. What most people fail to realize is that even though they say "they will fail", they're actually succeeding. They know they can't win, however, if they can't, then they'll do as much damage as possible while they're here. Each time terror is used in their hands, when it becomes a weapon, countless lives change, loves are lost and freedom dwindles.

I'm very sorry to all those in London who have lost their lives and those injured. Good to know London's Ironworkers made it back safely. Please keep the updates coming.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 08:44 PM   #129
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

My sympathy goes to the people of the United Kingdom.

To many variables to predict, but the lesson is clear. Terrorism is a world wide weapon, and tactic of cowards. The day will come when they meet a soldier in hell, and lastly they will have eternity to pay. For a marytr they are not, a 100 virgins will not sing, and the grace of Allah shall not be upon them.

Thou I walk into the valley of death,
I fear no evil,
I will protect the innocent,
and all Children alike,
Until my cold dead hands can no longer function.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 09:15 PM   #130
wellard
Dracolisk

My best wishes to all

Just an observation I made from watching the news all last night was the calmness of the people of London and the supurb actions of the emergancy services, a credit to one all. I think (red)Ken Livingstone (the Mayor) is right when he talks about the best way to show these scum that the British will not be bullied into submission is for things to get back to normal ASAP.

Once again best wishes to those back in blighty

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote