Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2002, 11:50 PM   #1
Strider_314
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I can never get the bombs and stuff to work because they always fail.
I tried it with a few of my characters.

I realise that it must need a certain skill to use such items, but what skill, and and what sorta level would it need to be to use things like stink bombs, sparkle sticks, icicle sticks etc

Also, does the skill go up on using these items?

It doesnt look like powders have any requirements for use, cause using res powder always works for me?

Strider
Old 01-15-2002, 01:04 AM   #2
vesselle
Hathor

well, i don't know a whole lot about them.

you need to have "throwing/sling" skill to toss the ones that have, in their description, "BlahBlah(Pwr4)". and because they are like spells in dust/bomb form, they can backfire.

i don't know what skill level you need to be, but assume its a lot like spell levels. the higher you are in your skill, the less you mess up when you use them. LOL. everyone in my group ducks when they see me pick up a Power Lvl 5 FireBomb!! ::smiles:: i do too, but then for some reason, everyone gets mad at me when i don't look where i throw the danged thing.

and, yes, by throwing bombs and dust, you increase your throwing/sling skill.

V***V
Old 01-15-2002, 01:32 AM   #3
fable
Quintesson

Bombs are dependent in part on your artifacts skill. If your artifacts skill is low, bombs may not go off--or they'll blast the hell out of your people.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 08:13 AM   #4
DraconisRex

There are two major types of bombs:

Those that rely on your "Artifacts" skill. Those that rely on your "Throwing" skill.

When you throw a bomb, and miss, you may end up dead. Think of it as throwing a grenade, but dropping it on your wind up....
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 05:19 PM   #5
Strider_314
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, thanks for the tips [img]smile.gif[/img] I've also found that it shows a reliant skill when you right click on the item.