Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2001, 04:58 PM   #1
loriluvsxs
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My charactors need +3 or better weapons to defeat Iron Golems,
all's I have are a bunch of weapons with names. How can I tell if
these are as good or better than +3? My wimpy charactors all have
+3 or 4's but my fighters don't. I haven't found any +3 swords at all
and I'm about to enter Malavon's dome. Thanx!!!!
loriluvsxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2001, 05:08 PM   #2
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

check the bonnus thaco on the sword, usualy it gives a pretty good idea what kind of bonnus the sword has.

Like the sword you get from killin that elven wench is a +3 sword since it's thaco is +3
Strahd Von Zarovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 08:31 AM   #3
Night
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The Info tab on the item normally gives you the THACO information. However some non magical items have THACO bonuses (Composite bows, & high quality swords etc)
and they don't work vs some undead.
If you saved Conlan's son and haven't spoken to him since, do so when you can. He will give you a key to a chest in the Smithy which holds conlans hammer, this claims to be very effective against Iron Golems.
Arrows of Piercing should also be worth a try.
Night is offline   Reply With Quote