Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2002, 08:29 AM   #1
--Twilight--
The Magister

Hello,
let's say that you played BG2 as a paladin, and therefore did not try to take advantage of a certain someone in distress (I mean, WHY would any non-evil characters even think to do so?), and therefore did not acquire the 2nd pair of PANTS as a payment - any other way to get those pants? Is the great Forge of Hacking the only option???

- Twilight
Old 06-03-2002, 10:42 AM   #2
Dashael
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Don't collect the ransom from the guy, have a competant thief pickpocket it, and then go back and help that person in need, there may still be a slight reputation dip, but you can always have your paladin go donate half his gold at a temple of Helm or something.
Dashael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 01:31 PM   #3
--Twilight--
The Magister

Hello,
great idea, I was wondering...who is the character that has the pants on him? Where might he be? If I can find him, then I will have it (by the way, the whole ransom business is well over with in my game).

- Twilight
Old 06-03-2002, 02:40 PM   #4
andrewas
Harper

I tried that very same thing, but the guy dosent seem to show *ever* if you dont take the ransom option.
Old 06-04-2002, 06:57 AM   #5
Dashael
Elite Waterdeep Guard

*spoiler*
Make sure you read the ransom scroll in the cupboard in the room with the hostage. Then the character with the silver pantaloons will appear in front of the Copper Coronet in the slums. I forget his name but he should be the only guy there who looks like a Human Noble. Without talking to him, have a fairly highlevel theif pickpocket him (quicksave in case of failure), once you have your prize, go back and release the hostage.
Dashael is offline   Reply With Quote