Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2003, 09:42 PM   #1
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Strange to think that I would be the first one to discover this, but since it hasn't ever been mentioned to my knowledge... It may be part of some mod I have but I don't think so:

The acorns you get from Ilyich can once per day be used to summon 2 Nymphs (the same kind you get with the Call Woodlands Being spell) and a Moose.

I found these to be of great use in dealing with Improved Ilyich's remaining goons. The Moose is actually a quite powerful summon who once did 29 damage in a single normal hit when I used him, though I think his AC truly stinks and he isn't that durable either. He can be used as a scout though! The two nymphs has a rather impressive arsenal of spells, at least for this early stage of the game, I found them very difficult to control though.

Weird that I've dealt with these acorns so many times and yet I've never found out about this until now.

[ 01-01-2003, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: Rataxes ]
Old 01-01-2003, 10:25 PM   #2
Brennihelvete

huh?
Does that apply to an unmodded game aswell?
Man, you tell me now heh...so they did have some other useful purpose then...
Old 01-01-2003, 10:33 PM   #3
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

I've no idea if it applies to an un-modded game. But there's been no mention of anything concerning the Acorns in any of the mod readmes. So I assume it's a feature in the original game.
Old 01-01-2003, 11:09 PM   #4
Desuma Malevois
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Rataxes:
I've no idea if it applies to an un-modded game. But there's been no mention of anything concerning the Acorns in any of the mod readmes. So I assume it's a feature in the original game.
Here's a quote from the Improved Ilyich Readme:

Quote:
What galled me most was the fact that Ilyich is guarding nymph acorns, which are essentially an artifact-level treasure. It seemed implausible that he would not take greater precautions to protect them.
Perhaps Weimer therefore changed the Acorns to give them their power?
Old 01-01-2003, 11:50 PM   #5
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
It isn`t.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 08:25 AM   #6
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
It isn't mentioned in the REAME? You might wanna inform Weimer about it.

Anyway, the new acrons are a part of the Improved Ilyich mod.
I digged this old post up, if you're intersted in more information. [img]smile.gif[/img]
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2003, 12:52 PM   #7
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Didn't see it mentioned anywhere, no. Thanks for the thread link btw.