Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2003, 07:41 PM   #1
cormack
Dungeon Master

Taunting, in some fashion, happen's everyday to people in real life. Arachaic people walking around everywhere at any given time. It could be from a controlling person in your life or just a common run in on the street. People at work may qualify also

Teasing and fooling around like on IW is always done in a loving fashion I am not writing about that but real life encounters that you have, had, or may have.

First, all I can't stress enough of the importance of not being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Just a quick thought about your surroundings and don't put yourself there. Take cab money with you always and tell someone where your going at least. This will reduce your taunt factor in half most case's. (Ok,ok, end of lecture 102 again.)

I was sitting on the transit rail today going home from work during rush hour, very busy , people in and out of the car. Half way home a very unplesant man sat at an adjoining seat, at a 90 degree angle, and started being very loud. I was listening to my walkman minding my own b and that's when the taunting started.

Smelling like a brewery, he started the hand signal rapping singing combo thingy. He yelled out the following;" I hate white crackers, where's my job, something I couldn't understand, F******* kill them all"."
Everyone in the car most likely sighed under their breath and kept reading or looking away hoping he wouldn't taunt them.

I didn't move and stared him down acting like I couldn't hear his bs even when he asked me if I could hear him, I signaled to my ear phones. He continued his antics and told the ladie behind me she had nice lips.

Then yelling "Kill white mf's all of them hatever, whatever started to concern me a bit because distance wise mybe 3ft at best.
My stop is 5 minutes away, my wife is not with me and I will stay squatted. I noticed that he was about 6ft, 185 lbs, black, had a scar on his hand and dentally deprived. Really worn generic running shoes and worker's type blue jeans and t- shirt. Must have inherited the jeans because they didn't fit that well.

4 minutes until my stop and I'm seeing and hearing it all in this rap going on while still complimenting the black ladies directly behind me. Nasty, nasty crap I do not care for. I can HEAR all of this while my Sade is full volume btw. All of a sudden "hey white boy".. I ignore... "HEY WHITE BOY"!

That was it, I couldn't go 4 minutes without getting a shot or two in. I suddenly turned my middle finger up, the flying fickle finger of fate, right in front of his face. "■■■■ You!" The car went dead still and so did this jerk for a half a second.

"Whaa.. you want a piece of me, hit me, hit me!.

Now what I wanted to do and what I did in this taunting episode are 2 different things at this point. What I did was get up walk past the dirtbag staring him down and then said "Phhew.. I am not wasting my time with you." (might have been some clapping, don't know) Walked out the door to an enraged drunken bum, who most likely has the transit police waiting for him at the next and last stop on the line.

What I wanted to do. I wanted to grab his shirt and help him up to the stainless steel hand bar until he could hold on properly.. he seemed like it would take a couple lessons to learn this off-hand

Anyone else want to join in this taunting rant-?
Old 06-09-2003, 08:39 PM   #2
Niadh
Elminster

I was accused of being a goth, by a drunk.

I told him to F off after being accused of not ironing my clothes, being a goth and hating him. One was true. I am not a goth and I iron my clothes.

He went quieet when I told him to go sober up. He then didn't understand why he got no money out of the ATM which had none in it.

Another one was in a shop I had my headphones in reading a magazine. A ned walked up to me with his friends and started saying something. Listening to my music I got sage advice. "Devilman yes I can cut a little peice of you yeah
So I slapped him, making his head turn a bit. Him and his friends walked of in silence. Never bothered me again. Usually slapping people like that gets them more angry.
A Knight is sworn to darkness. <br />His heart knows only hatred.<br />His sword destroys the helpless,<br />His might imprisons the weak.<br />His wrath upholds the wicked, <br />His word speaks only lies.<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.boomspeed.com/niadh/newiwsig.jpg\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 06-09-2003, 09:12 PM   #3
ocelot
Dungeon Master

cormack, you should have just flew over to a different seat buddy. I am not saying lose your dignity in front of everyone in the car, that's uncool also.
Changing cars next time might be a better idea- (I would clap for you.)
Old 06-09-2003, 09:43 PM   #4
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by ocelot:
cormack, you should have just flew over to a different seat buddy. I am not saying lose your dignity in front of everyone in the car, that's uncool also.
Changing cars next time might be a better idea- (I would clap for you.)
Yup, a knife or a gun could ruin your day in a hurry. It's not worth taking chances these days, especially with someone apparantly so unstable.
Old 06-10-2003, 03:09 AM   #5
Pangur Ban

I believe that in 99% of cases like this it is better not to react.

There is no telling what the other person might do.

I learnt my lesson the hard way while driving, when I refused to increase speed past the speed limit, despite the persistant tailgating and flashing headlights of the car behind me. Without warning he overtook me, and then tried to ram me off the road (!!) I had to slam on the brakes to avoid a high speed collision. Even now I find it hard to grasp that the other driver was willing to risk his car, and his own life, just to try to "get back" at me.

Now if I meet a driver like that I do all I can to politely avoid them, even turning off into a side street if necessary.
Old 06-10-2003, 04:25 AM   #6
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

Omg, you're not going to believe this story... A couple of years ago we went on vacation to Croatia (I'm from Slovenia), and on the way back we decided to take a different road instead of the main one, so that we would look around a bit more, see some nice places, and also avoid all the traffic. Anyway, this road led up the hill, and it zig-zagged a bit - there were lots of turns. So, my mum's boyfriend is driving the car, and everything is fine until we come to a car that is being driven left and right on the road. And really slowly too. We try to pass it, but it's impossible because it keeps going from one side to the other. The road had, err, 2 parts (or whatever you call them) so there would be plenty of space to pass if the car hadn't taken up the whole space. What made it even more difficult was that there were lots of turns, so there weren't many chances of passing the car. Anyway, we finally manage to pass the car on a straight part of the road, and as we pass it, we see that the driver is eating a sandwich, and the woman next to him is turning the newspaper for him which was right in front of him, before the steering wheel. This idiot was driving the car, reading AND eating a sandwich!!! So, naturally, our driver honks to him while he passes. But then, the driver of that car starts honking back and driving really closely to our car and speeds behind us. He keeps following us until, a couple of kilometres later, he passes us and quickly stops right in front of us. We almost crashed into it... Then the driver steps out of the car, and starts walking towards our car waving his fist and screaming. Then my mum's boyfriend just quickly pulls back, passes him (while the guy is running towards our car) and drives away quickly.
Really... what is wrong with people?!!! This guy drives, reads and eats a sandwich all at the same time, and then gets really angry when somebody honks at him because he's taking up the whole road and risking an accident... and then he follows us and tries to start a fight... Some people are too weird... But, anyway, that is probably one of the most scary things that has ever happened to me while driving in a car. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 06-10-2003, 04:27 AM: Message edited by: Spelca ]
Old 06-10-2003, 07:16 AM   #7
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I'd venture a guess that your *friend* on the train was having a bad day. His girl probably dumped him, and he needed someone to take it out on. That kind of thing happens every day, and it is just getting worse. I can see the cause, but I know I'm powerless to do anything about it. I can't tell someone to take a more active role in raising their children. Not with any hope of positive reaction. They'd take it as a personal insult, and show me where their child learned it. My last experience with something like this was extremely funny, to me anyway. I was attempting to resolve a dispute between our daughter, and a neighbor kid, over the phone, with the parent, and he became extremely irate, and hung up on me. 5 minutes later there's a knock on the door, and my girl friend answers it. It's the neighbor, and instead of waiting for an invite, he just forces his way into the house, yelling about what he thought was supposed to be right, or what ever. I don't play those kind of games, and I do not intimidate easily. I asked him once, to calm down and continue our discussion, but he wouldn't. So, I handled him just like I would have handled a drunken brawler at the club I used to bounce at, I put him in a hammer lock, and walked him out of the house. I also informed him that any further problems would be met with police intervention. They moved out about a week later, and I have heard nothing since. I don't know what makes ppl think that they can do things like this, but...I know I am equipped to handle it, if it comes up. Ofcourse, I can be pretty scary looking if I want to, so ppl like that tend to avoid me in crowded situations. Sorry that happened to you, and I applaud the reserve that you showed, but would like to repeat the cautions given here already, because today, you just never know.