Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is posting on Ironworks the only way a member can support a cause or idea?
Yes 37 75.51%
No 5 10.20%
Hello, I'm a seamstress from Vienna 7 14.29%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2003, 11:08 AM   #31
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Not me. I'm a writer from Crakow - we didn't even get a look in...

[ 06-10-2003, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: Leonis ]
Old 06-10-2003, 01:41 PM   #32
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:

Still not quite right! A gun is pointing at you head and telling you to do what the person wants you to do, do you have a choice? if you still want to live, no right? so you have to do what the person tells you to do. in other words, you are forced to do something. bear in mind, this is totally different than doing something voluntary. thus, this still does not count as supporting the so said person.

Likewise, a person living in dictartorship but does nothing to overthrow the dictartorship does not necessary mean that the person is supporting the dictartorship. Yes, he spends his dollar and pay the taxes. but in his heart, does he really like the dictartor? does he really want to pay the taxes to support the dictartorship government? To the outside observer, His inaction means he seems to be supporting the dictartor, which in fact he is not! why? because in his heart he hated the dictartor. Yes, it's all in the person heart. what the outside observer think is not important.
[/QUOTE]
I beg to differ Kakero. I believe it is you that is "still not quite right"

Nothing is certainty. The gun to your head is not certainly going to go off. A person chooses to accept that the threat is real and that if they proceed with a course of action, the consequences outweigh the necessity of the course of action.

Always there is choice.

The person could choose not to believe the threat. The person could choose perform the action to a point. The person could choose to do the entire action. Or the person could choose to believe the threat and still refuse.

The "if so - then this ", is never a certainty.

Similarly no-one makes you angry. No one makes you sad or happy. All these are perceptional choices. Circumstances make certain ones more difficult to avoid sure, but at their heart lie a chosen emotional response to a set of perceived circumstances.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 06-10-2003, 01:43 PM   #33
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Leonis:
Not me. I'm a writer from Crakow - we didn't even get a look in...
But.. I never said... I never said it was a hoooole

http://www.hughwilson.com