Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2001, 04:26 PM   #1
SirVancelot
Welcomed New User

I recently bought both IDW and HOW and am playing it for the first time. I am currently in the Vale of Shadows crypt #5 where there is a lever that leads to the next level. It keeps saying that it's locked. I back tracked many times to make sure I didn't miss anything and never found anything new. I then looked at the walkthrough I found here. I had already done everything that was on the walkthrough, and I have all the keys that you can get up to this point. The lever is still locked. Am I missing something? The only thing I did different than the walkthrough was the order of the crypts that I went to. I wouldn't think that they would HAVE to be done in any certain order in regards to the 1st through the 4th, but maybe I'm wrong. Do I need to start all over and do them in the order the walthrough shows? I don't know what to do. I've tried just about everything. Any suggestions???
SirVancelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2001, 10:06 AM   #2
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

Hi,

I've played the Vale a few times, and have had trouble myself even after I had all the keys, and the Holy Symbol of Myrkul, or whatever. The key that opens the lock on the column is in a passageway lined with burial vaults, right of the main room, or rather in a chamber north of the passage (chamber is filled with Zombies) and then to the west is a chest. I found that I still couldn't open the lock until I went to a more southern passage and fought monsters there, where I found the Black Wolf Talisman. If you haven't found that area with the Talisman, go back and check. Hope this helps.

------------------
and the flaming sword turning every way, guards the tree of life.
Zateel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2001, 05:00 PM   #3
SirVancelot
Welcomed New User

I would like to say thank you to Zateel for reminding me of the Black Wolf Talisman, which I had sold. It was the one thing I hadn't tried yet, and it was the key. Thank You. SirVancelot
SirVancelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 07:30 PM   #4
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

you SOLD the blackwolf talisman?! that's the only necklace i KEEP.. it's one of the coolest ones, and they give it to you right away. currently my thief has it so he won't die so quickly
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote