Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2001, 05:16 AM   #1
Kellin da Mage
Dungeon Master

I think my gameing hight of BGII came when I invaded Bodi's laier (the last time!). Not only did my characters come along but I hade Knights, and assisns (on the same damm side no less!), and as well the man....The Drow, the legend Drizzet, and his close friends.

Appearently Minsc (not exactly a road scoler) got a tuch confuised (damm vamps!). Inspired by his exposure to dark elven two weapon fighting, Minsc was weilding Crom Fryer and the Flail of Ages (kids do not try this at home). All of a sudden he screams about "butt kicking and goodness" spins about and begins hammering the drow ranger.

In his deffence Drizzt did post a good fight, but in the end Minsc proved to be the better fighter. Who knew that hammer and flail could out wit the spinning scimitars of the underdarks greatest warrior.

I was literaly screaming at the computer, "No Minsc noooooo!", and casting dispel magic from 3 characters, wile trying to heal up Drizzt, but it never fazed the crazed Minsc...Even Boo tried to find reason, but was unable. Eventually the drow went down in a pool of blood, and I heard someone scream about vengence. I think Bruner was hot on our parties ass.

A reload was in order, once I got done chucking.

------------------
--Kellin da Mage--
Old 03-19-2001, 05:31 AM   #2
Melusine
Dracolisk

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the OHF and the LH

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 03-19-2001, 05:33 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Gives new meaning to the word "oops".

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-21-2001, 02:30 AM   #4
deverece
Dungeon Master

If Aerie becomes Minsc's witch, he sometimes goes wacko if she gets almost killed.

------------------
Dying ain't much of a living, boy.
- Josey Wales
Old 03-21-2001, 05:37 AM   #5
Kellin da Mage
Dungeon Master

Ya I noticed that too, maybe she got nabbed from behind, and Minsc went bezerk! Anyway after the reload I made sure to equip him with his favorite sword, which comes with Mind shield built in (very handy for him by the way).

Another funny one. I placed a cloak of reflection on my main character, he was also mostly immune to fire, so it was no big deal to fireball on or near him, as he didn't get hurt but his foes did. I almost wipped out Imoen and Aerie one battle cause they were fireballing and the dammage was getting reflected back to them. My main character was fine and dandy.
Old 03-21-2001, 08:20 AM   #6
Lord Shield

Did Bodhi abduct Aerie and convert her? If so, Drizzt must have killed her (being hostile). Anybody doing that gets Minsc on mental (he killed Anomen when he attacked her unprovoked - no loss there). Never mind. Drizzt gets raised anyway by his mateys,I believe

Old 03-21-2001, 11:40 PM   #7
Kellin da Mage II
Welcomed New User

Ya I thought about that too, but Aerie was fine, and Bodhi never did try to convert her. Weather she never got the chance or, Aerie and I had a falling out I don't know. I did manage to ah....*zzzzzzz* with her, and right after that she said that things were going too fast.

Anyway I think that Minsc just got charmed by a vampire or something. Spells were flying after all. It didn't happen after that one time cause I equiped that 2-handed sword that is insane.

------------------
<b><i>--Kellin da Mage--