Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 10:44 AM   #101
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Telryn Gale

Zak's small outburst halted the calm mood.

"Everyone stopped arguing, and he starts another one. He really does like causing arguments," Telryn thought.

"I don't believe calling him names will do anything, what's done is done. While I don't know much about magic, I assume it can't be changed now. We'll just have to keep an eye out tonight. And even though you say this 'Estoric Circle' will keep us protected, I'd rather trust my own two eyes than any magic," Telryn muttered, "If it's alright with everyone I'll take an hour or so sleep, then I'll take my turn on watch."

He removed his tower shield from his back and laid it on the ground. Scrumpling his cloak up, he placed it on the shield.

"That'll do as a pillow for tonight," He thought to himself, waiting to see who else would go on first watch. He didn't like the idea of this mercenary 'watching over' them while they slept.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:45 AM   #102
Saliarasri
The Magister

"Running circles is no help, but being agile is much better, it allows for more finesse and certain styles when fighting. When I made the armour I made sure it allowed for as much movement as I could." came her dry reply as she checks her armour for rust one last time

Kagarioni looks at Zak oddly as she reponds to Detherial "I agree. Although I suspect that Zakaria here will start the next fight by not being tactful. Since most people who didn't fall asleep in magic classes know that locating magic like that means that locating a magic circle would be easier as the circle magic is more focused outward. Additional, magic of that nature only drains the self. If he wishes to drain his own reserve and potentinall weaken his bones to a pure magical force attack, that is his idea. Even if it's not the best idea."

Kagarioni says this in a mild tone, the hint being that it's merely a reminder to Zak, trying to help him not look like a total idiot, even if it's already a lost cause. Kagarioni has already rolled her eyes as she puts the materials back up

Kagarioni finishes servcing her armour and starts putting it back on

[ 08-09-2005, 10:46 AM: Message edited by: Saliarasri ]
Old 08-09-2005, 01:31 PM   #103
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Zak glared at the wizard and looked toward Kagarioni. Of course,how foolish of me.But the magiks of my circle are, almost untracable,almost.I havnt perfected it yet. Zak tried not to look dissapointed as the fair maiden put her armor back on.Such lovely creatures should never be so shelterd.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:38 PM   #104
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Isokla stood up, her eyes narrowed having heard the entire 'discussion' from the camp that was only a short way off. Less than ten feet away, she could easily hear their little debate and her mouth was drawn in one thin line. Locking her pale blue eyes on Nivram's, she stated coldly, "And already they are beginning to tear each other apart. How long do you truly think this little group will last? Is it even worth the effort?" despite her coolness, it was not directed at Nivram, but more so at the others, the mercenary especially. "Such childish behaviour... to allow such an abomination to be set upon the world..."

Shaking her head, the girl's eyes grew icy, "I see that my decision should not be a hard one. I've no desire to babysit these fools." Turning away, she walked over to Nivram and placed a gentle hand on his shoulder, "Take care of yourself. I wish you patience and tolerance with dealing with these others." Rolling her eyes, she added softly, but loud enough for the bickering children to hear, "And to think, 'locator' magicks, though not it's proper name for such are as rare as a snowflake in the heat of summer. Only a handful throughout the world possess such abilities. And any who would study the arts know that it is rare to find practitioners of any magic, and fewer still ever master it. Such bragging about being able to wield magic... you would think the entire realm is infested with would-be magi..."

Isokla's tone was more scornful than any the party had heard such far. It seemed quite out of character for her to be so condescending and harsh towards those she considered ignorant, "Little children trying to comphrend what you cannot understand..." The girl shook her head again, although this time, it was more of pity at their ignorance than at them. Just apparently how she knew so much about magic was a mystery for she had not admitted to knowing any, nor had she denied it. "'Untraceable' magicks..." her pale eyes were angry, "You must know as little as a child, though a child is never arrogant. Unless one has mastered the art of concealing ones own magic then no magic is ever truly 'untraceable'. But knowing what to look for is even rarer than knowing how to mask it. Each person who wields the arts should know that they have their own unique signature and no two person's magic are ever the same, even within the same sphere." Isokla snorted, "Need I lecture you children on the innate gift of magic that one may choose to develop or do you already know this much?" Her voice had changed to one of a tutor instructing that of her student child and although her words were harsh, there was no scorn in them. Bitter sarcasm, yes, but more so at their lack of knowledge and the way they spoke, as if they themselves were masters...

"I care not what you 'think' or believe you know. Obviously you are still all children and you will get yourselves killed. I see no reason to interefere with that, but your childish boasts are unacceptable. Whilst it is not unforgiveable, I doubt your enemies will be so merciful as to instruct you." the girl sighed, "It is apparent that you need instruction if only to prevent your ignorance from harming other innocents, though even that may not be enough." Turning her back again, Isokla took a step away from the camp, and then called over her shoulder, "Should you ask, I'm suer that it will be given - find some master who is willing to pass on their knowledge and arts, accept you as their apprentice and perhaps, within a few decades, you will no longer be considered ignorant and a 'true' master of the arts." Adding with a roll of her eyes, she finished, "And no true master will ever flaunt their powers in such a juvenile display." Her eyes flickered towards the strange mage that had joined the group, and she said nothing, her blue eyes cold. It was clear what she thought of that, adn admiration had no place in her heart.

---
OOC: Edit: Again, Isokla's views aren't my own, and she's somewhat cranky at the moment.
Edit2: 'locator' magic doesn't work in this world as it does in other games. What makes it so difficult is the fact that a) each magic user has their own signature, and b) the caster trying to locate magic cannot simply 'locate' magic. He has to know very, very specifically what he's looking for - and he has to know the magic he is looking for first. Meaning, he cannot simply 'sweep' or 'scan' for magic. Thus, he must know the magic before he attempts to find it. It makes things a little bit more difficult than normal. Not to mention the residual trace of most spells isn't that great and fades with time. Additionally, the stronger the caster's will and spirit, the less likely it is to be detected - of course, the stronger the spell is, the greater the chance of it being found is. But as a general rule, there is not a lot of 'locator' magic.
c) its to stop everyone from finding everyone else and slaughtering them quickly and easily. It's another nice in-game reason as to 'why' the villain can't send armies against you and annihilate you before you can find and defeat him.

[ 08-09-2005, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]
Old 08-09-2005, 05:22 PM   #105
Saliarasri
The Magister

Kagarioni looks at Isokla curiously, walking up to her so she can properly address her, asking her politely "Excuse me.. but how do you know so much about magic?.. and I may be a bit remiss in asking, but can you stay at least long enough to explain to us what we're doing wrong.. or help us, which will most likely be what you end up doing, in any case."

Kagarioni stands more or less at attention, murmuring so that it's hard to hear her ".. and that pervert needs them..." before going back to her normal voice "In any case, it'd be a pleasure to have you as a traveling companion." she adds politely.

[ 08-09-2005, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: Saliarasri ]
Old 08-11-2005, 01:26 PM   #106
dplax
Jack Burton

Nivram

Nivram had gained quite a lot more information to add to the profiles he was building up of the others. Zak was the one, who thought that he was cool, but as Isokla had showed was very easily showed that his views weren't necessarily right.

Telryn looked like what you would call a typical warrior, not bothering much with the arcane.

Kagarioni seemed to be interesting; open and welcoming to some, yet passing judgment quite quickly on others.

The others Nivram did not pass judgment on yet.

He turned to Isokla, and was just about to speak, when Kagarioni came and did so. Then hearing what Kagarioni had said, he reacted.

"Don't you see. Isokla here has said that she will not take part in any bloodshed, and her opinion in this matter seems to be unchangeable to me. You, yourself, Kagarioni had said that you would go to the bandit's lair, and I admit that so did I." He looked around and lowered his voice. "But seeing how some of our companions are behaving at the moment, I might change my opinion." He then let his voice carry further so that even those in camp could hear it "And anyway why would you need to kill the bandits? Couldn't teaching them a lesson be enough? A lesson after which they wouldn't come back?"

It was one of the rare moments for Nivram when he wasn't thinking depressively. For once he was thinking not only for himself, but for others also.

OOC: as Calaethis has added, I shall also add that Nivram's views don't necessarily match my views.

[ 08-11-2005, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: dplax ]
Old 08-11-2005, 05:47 PM   #107
Saliarasri
The Magister

Kagarioni looks at him and nods and talks to borh of them, thinking it through as she speaks, leaning on her sword hilt slightly "I was thinking that given how we're acting that we'd need to stay and learn something - or at least if we are to be a group, to operate as a group... Besides, to take control of a region such as this means we have to travel through it, with their forces being clearly superior.. We should at least discuss other possibilities, and I think" as she looks to Isokla "that you might have some idea of what would be advisible.."

Kagarioni remains in her attentive posture, waiting for Isokla, or Nivram's response, afraid she had worded it wrong

OOC: And Kagarioni's views don't necessarily match mine

[ 08-11-2005, 05:55 PM: Message edited by: Saliarasri ]
Old 08-11-2005, 05:57 PM   #108
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

For a long moment, Isokla only blinked before finally asking Kagarioni. She had been silent throughout Nivram's speech and again, throughout Kagarioni's for several long, long minutes; "And tell me, just what makes you think that I know any more about these self-aclaimed rulers? What makes you think I know any more than you do?"

The girl frowned, weighing a decision within her mind, before asking with infinate softness, "Tell me, child; why would you want me as a tutor? As your mentor?" Her pale blue eyes narrowed, but not from anger or spite but merely confusion. "Why would I instruct you on your errors? Let alone, travel as one of you? What possible raeson would I have to do so? I do not outwardly oppose these Lords of Vision, regardless of what their minions have done to me. This was previously a lawless area with no organisation, and though they are bandits, a hundred years from now, two or three perhaps, they could become a major state... to unify this land cannot be a bad thing, even if the method is bloody. But ask yourselves, how many states, empires or kingdoms have arrisen without bloodshed? Though I oppose it, it may save more lives in the future. I cannot tell and though I dislike their methods and the shedding of blood, it does not mean I have to oppose them or to be apart of their land." She sighed softly, "I know how contradictory all of that sounds, but it does not matter. My views are my own, after all, and I do not owe any of you an explaination..." Her eyes flickered away from Detheriel's direction and she sighed deeply, "I am no advisor, nor tutor..." Despite her words, she left something unsaid...
Old 08-11-2005, 06:16 PM   #109
Saliarasri
The Magister

Kagarioni shrugs as she attempts to reply to her questions with some sense, her eyes showing her thinking "I'd think you'd know more as you were able to tell us about the badnits to begin with. As for the other thing.. while you are not possibly a tutor or advisor, you do know more than we do, as well as have at least some idea of what is going on."

Kagarioni's voice quiets as she shyly asks ".. And I could use a mentor... I'm not quite sure who I'm supposed to fight.". It's clear in that evne though she is self reliant, she is probably still unsure as to what she is "supposed" to do.

Kagarioni doesn't say anything more, really, waiting on Isokla's answer

[ 08-11-2005, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: Saliarasri ]
Old 08-11-2005, 06:47 PM   #110
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Appaering skeptical, Isokla raised her eyebrow and asked, as though Kagarioni's statement was ludicrous, "You would accept me as a mentor?" her eyes narrowed, "I am not babysitting some spoilt noble brat - if you truly want this, it will cost you." The girl added quietly, "Assuming I accept, of course."

She paused, "My conditions are non-negotiable, and quite simple. If you wish this, then you are mine. I own you." Isokla paused again and shrugged, "There is no way it would work out otherwise. You do as you are told; you may argue but when I command something as final, it is final. You do not argue. You will pay your own expenses, and I expect a tri-monthly wage - the actual cost, we shall negotiate. In addition, you are to stay your blade and not draw it unless threatened. You also answer to me first and all others second. You shall have no other masters, nor obey any other. In return, I shall take responsibility for you and protect you as best as I am able. I shall teach you of what I know, when I deem you are ready to learn. That is all. Are there any questions?"
Closed Thread