Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2001, 05:35 AM   #21
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hehe. That sounds good! Hmm, maybe I should check that out..
Old 02-24-2001, 12:07 AM   #22
Tobbin_OHF

Do you have the scanner connected to the computer already?
Do you have the scanner software installed?
Do you have a graphic program installed or know how to find the scanner software?
Normally, a scanner connects to a computer by a USB connection or via parallel port. You have to have this connected first.
Then you turn the scanner on.
Next step is to turn computer on and install drivers and graphic programs.
Once this is complete, you will need to reboot computer (parallel port type of system or if software tells you to do so.) and then start up a graphic program.
Next step is to place picture in scanner (depends on what kind you have, but I'm assuming a flat bed scanner here) upside down, picture facing towards the power supply, normally also to the right too.
Then you need to start scanner software or graphic program.
Once this is complete, you normally go to the File Menu and Acquire option. May also say Scanner or Get Picture or anything that sounds close to that.
If you get a request for source, select Twain Device or whatever software install tells you to use.
When you select this option, submenus may pop up and stuff, but there is normally a button that says preview or scan. I would recommend hitting preview first. Then, after seeing it works, press the scan option. When it is complete, you normally need to exit the scanner program (if you are running from a graphic program) and can save file from this point.
Key point here is that most software will select 300dpi or 600dpi as a standard. Don't go below 200dpi though. Once you are done, you may want to resize the pic. You will want graphic software for this (I use Ulead software or LViewPro software) in order to RESIZE the pic. Otherwise, the picture will be over 5 Megs or so. Also, if you want to use it in here, you will want it around 150x150 (crude example, but fairly close). You will need to save the picture (try to save in JPG format as it will reduce file size a lot).

Ok, as for a digital camera. Depends on what kind that you have. Some cameras have 3 1/2 diskette capability. Easiest to work, but hardest to store good pictures on. If you have a Compact Flash Card type, it helps to have a USB reader for the computer. You can take card out of camera and snap it into the reader. The computer can access the picture as it is. You can also connect via a serial or parallel port, depending on the camera. In any event, you will need to install drivers for the hardware you use. Some cameras connect via FireWire port or serial port and you can have the computer take the picture via software.

If you can give us an idea of what you have, it would really help.
Sorry if I lost you in the mix up there.
I had to learn by trial and error, but it comes to you after awhile.

Old 02-24-2001, 12:11 AM   #23
Tobbin_OHF

Oh hey, I got a message from LadyWendy that she didn't like the pic. She thinks it's too hot. Ah well. I think it looks like I would imagine her as a character, but back to the grind. Hopefully I can find something. Catch you guys later.

Old 02-24-2001, 03:16 AM   #24
WOLFGIR

*wroff* (No bumping.. )
Old 02-24-2001, 03:47 AM   #25
Moiraine
Anubis

Hi Wolf-yyy,
feel better today ?
Old 02-24-2001, 03:57 AM   #26
WOLFGIR

Hi Moiraine, well alittle, I have tried to rally people to send pics but they seem to be as cowardly as me. You and Yorrick are the hereos so far. Well my hand doesn´t hurt as much but it´s still imobilized
So, are you going to meet Yorrick today then?
Old 02-24-2001, 04:02 AM   #27
Tobbin_OHF

Morning Wolfgir, Moraine. And how are you both today?

Oh hey, Wolfgir. A few people are interested in doing the online pic thing, but they don't have the pic. I was reading something about a general call going out for someone with a scanner. That's probably why you haven't heard back yet.

Hey, I was thinking this might be a good pic for Ladyzekke.

What do you think?

Old 02-24-2001, 04:12 AM   #28
Moiraine
Anubis

Hey, Wolfie, are our photos already visible on your site ? I couldn't find any link to them.
And ... I want to see yours too ! Please ?

Yep, I am supposed to fetch Yorick at the train station today 'somewhen around 7 PM'.
If everything goes well, we will post together from my home tonight ! (If you see a new 'Yoraine' pseudo, it would be the two of us together. Will be fun !)

The weirdest thing I feel now is : I am pretty sure I could recognize Yorick's writing on the Board ... but I am not sure I will recognize the man at the station !!!

Old 02-24-2001, 04:15 AM   #29
Tobbin_OHF

Speaking of Yorick. I got the last of the songs. Thank you.

Old 02-24-2001, 04:22 AM   #30
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Ehm Tobbin
Your geocities pic isn't showing
what's new?