Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2001, 08:37 AM   #21
fighter-thief

that my friend is what i had meant so unless you cheat then you are limited to just that and more than one Crom Faeyr is not needed it's a big overkill

Old 02-01-2001, 09:12 AM   #22
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Memnoch, I think the weapon is a good one, you kept the balance well two make this a truly double eged sword, however, what are the disadvatages except alignment and class requirements?

I have 2 new weapons I made up after playing alot of Planescape as well as playing a real kick ass pen and paper campaign in a "new" DoD world.

Celestial Tear
This sling seems to be woven in the purest of silk with silver threads, it is radiating goodness round it.
itīs supposed to have belonged to a famous demon huntress who ventured into different worlds and planes to hunt renegade demons.
After being saved by a not to coopertaive halfling rouge the sling was taken to the temple of Yondalla and was after a couple of years stolen and since then lost.

Statistics
Combat abilities. While equiped protection against evil, imune to horror and all fear attacks, checks
There is a 25% chance when hitting an evil creature that a holy hammer strikes the opponent dealing out 3D8.

ThacO: +5
Damage: D6+5
D-Type: Blunt damage type (donīt remember the correct word)
Weight: -
Speed Factor: 1
Profiency: Slings
Type: 1 handed
Requires: 15 dex
Not usuable by: Any evil or other non good alignment.

Blood Oath

This broadsword has a grey blade and red handle. Its origin is unknown but believed to come from one of the more chaotic planes.
The sword has a demon bound in it (yeah thats original ) and this makes the sword sometimes difficult to handle.
Each time drawn you must win a contest against the Demon or attack closest lifeform. (Int vs Char((1
If the user wins five in a row you donīr need more checks, but the sword may if not used regulary the blade can call out for a nother wielder that will seek out the blade. The sword has no real alignnment excet being referred to as chaotic. if the blade however wins five in a row, the wielder is cursed with a eternal rage and attacks everything he sees (usually leads to another wielder) can only be cured by remove curse or wish or similiar.
Statistics
Immune to fear, sleep and all mind based spells (feeble minded, control person etc)
A 15% chance upon every hit to deal out triple damage (x3) The weapon is considered a +5 weapon upon determing damage and tohit creatures.

ThacO: +2 (hard to control the blade)
Damage: 2D6+4
Damage type: slashing
Weight: 8
Speed factor: 1 (If combat won over demon to full control one extra attack is granted)
Type: 1h
Requires: 10 strength
Not usuable by: - (all can use due to the nature of this sword except persons with an int lower than 7 that will be consumed by the Demon automaticly.
Old 02-01-2001, 09:39 AM   #23
Jon the Hell Caster

hmmmm... sounds good just change the flee in horror ability to something else. send it to me and I will put it somewhere right before the Draco Lich.

Old 02-01-2001, 05:23 PM   #24
Malla Gabriel

Maharet is great, the goodies have the holy avanger and baddies have this one. In in fact they are all great weapons, but how do you plan to train your mage in long swords?
Thinking about this, i've come up with one but i have no ideal how to make weapons:
a throwing dagger that when changed to use in used melee becomes a two handed sword, but still uses the dagger proficiency.

Old 02-01-2001, 06:30 PM   #25
G.W.

How about the Moonblade, which the necromancer Xan wielded in BGI? You can actually find it in Shadowkeeper. I think it was just a plain old longsword. But Lilacor talks them up like it's better than he is now. How hard would it be to make a sword for mages only that granted them proficiency?

Old 02-01-2001, 06:39 PM   #26
Malla Gabriel

Xan the invoker's Moonblade gives him 20% fire restance and drops his armour class by 1. and i think it used short short proficiency but he was an npc and they occasional ingore the rules. this sword of Rikards would be for his Necro pc, and would have to obey them. it would be simpler to make a sword and make it use a different slot ie staff mace.

Old 02-01-2001, 06:55 PM   #27
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I'll see about a moonblade. I'm trying to make well-balanced weapons with good history and authentic stats so we'll see what happens.
Old 02-02-2001, 01:55 PM   #28
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

Yes Secret Agent Mario Estacio
I want hese to be mage weapons
But be silent
none of this may leave the room

Be Wewy wewy quiet
I'm hunting wabbits
hehehehehehehehe

So far for elmer Fuddddddddd
Old 02-02-2001, 02:15 PM   #29
scorpio

About the Dark Gift, did you take the vampire's name from the book Queen of The Damned or from Ravenloft?

Do you know if the name Maharet comes from older texts about undead?

Old 02-02-2001, 02:38 PM   #30
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

I almost forgot
The history of both weapons

Jaize - The Life Sucker +4

Tavrano used to be an apprentice of the legend necromancer Rikard and during his time with Rikard he sadly died and was send to The Negative Energy Plane. He could'nt bare see Rikard with his new apprentices knowing it should have been he who was to become the successor of Rikard instead of Kaël
Years after his dead he returned to the Primairy Plane as a lich and saught (ehm well this you have to spell right it has soemthing to do with see) Revenge on Rikard for letting him die

After a horrifying (again you have to spell right) battle Tavrano was send back to the negative Energy plane But Rikard had to find a way to make sure Tavrano would never agian had the desire to return to the Primairy Plane
Thus this sword was created to please Tavrano
It has a permanite connection to the negative Energy plane. The Weapons sucks a victimes life force to the negative plane directing it as energy to Tavrano. To show his gratitute for this Tavrano Directs this power back to the wielder in the form of HP

Ramanish - The Psycotic Dreamer+3

This Weapons containes the very essence of the Demi God Telahan - God of Useless evil thingies (i really gotta make up a better name for that)
Telahan's Physycal form couls not be destoyed by Rikard But Rikard did defeat him in a Mental battle capturing His very soul in this sword - Ramanish