Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2005, 12:19 AM   #1
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

I remember seeing this movie when i was a kid, like early 90s i think if that helps, but it took place in a medieval setting, it had something to do with a witch inquisition, there was a priest who kept a sword tied on a string over his bed, he questions a young lady accused of witch craft or some such. This lady eventually has her tongue cut out during an interegation. She has a lover or somtin who tries to rescue her from the dungeon/castle/church. Heres some bits and pieces i remember, the young lady watches the torture of an older lady accused of witch craft in which the older lady is tortured by men forcing water down her throat tryin to get a confession or something. And i think the man who tries to rescue the young lady has a broken sword he tucks in his boot, that might be a different movie though. Please, any help would be extremely appreiciated, ive wanted to remember this movie for a long time.
Old 02-22-2005, 08:04 AM   #2
Mr. Mopery
Zhentarim Guard

Probably not the film you're thinking about, but Ken Russell's "The Devils" has some of these elements. Did you watch freaky, orgiastic movies when you were a kid?
Old 02-25-2005, 11:53 AM   #3
Dajjer
The Magister

Sorry, no idea but I do have some suggestions for you.

1) Do a search (medieval movies)at Internet Movie Data Base (IMDB) and see what you come up with. Maybe seeing some of the listed actors will give you a clue

2) Go to your nearest Borders, Barnes and Noble and look through the movie books. That also might trigger more memories.

and finally if you are absolutely desperate and have to figure this thing out on pain of death. Write the screenplay yourselve based on your memories of the plot. When you submit it to the studios they will surely be able to say:

"Hey, isn't this screenplay the same as ????????"
Dajjer is offline   Reply With Quote